• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Looking for Early Futaba 2.4 receivers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I learn that the FS is a dual antenna receiver, better for boats. Any one have a couple more of the 603FS receivers for sale???

Ken.. not sure I understand the question.. let me see

To my knowledge there are two basic lengths. The stock length.. likely in the 150 to 200mm length (ya know I don't know what that is...LOL) and the 400mm.. the antenna is carried up to the end of the coax.. DO NOT CUT ANY PART OF THE ANTENNA!

The FF and FS are indeed two different birds.. adding the longer antenna and getting it up as far from the water as you can is your best bet on a FF. It would likely range test the same as the FS with the TX and RX antennas both straight up.. but it will not out perform the FS in a multitude of orientations. So.. Diversity is BEST. BUT.. I have had good operation with the FF AS LONG as you treat the install and operation like a MHZ radio best you can. (Antennas up!)

BTY.. i have tested to 2800 feet with both diversity and non diversity RXs.. optimum antenna placement on both.

Grim

Then.. if I might.. about 700 feet and its a BEAR to see the orientation of an RC boat.. ANY RC BOAT.. I tested this with a 51inch gas boat and was just truing to get an idea of what a practical distance might be. 700 is a BUNCH! (just 10cent data.. not sure its helpful, just sharing)

Ken.. not sure I understand the question.. let me see

To my knowledge there are two basic lengths. The stock length.. likely in the 150 to 200mm length (ya know I don't know what that is...LOL) and the 400mm.. the antenna is carried up to the end of the coax.. DO NOT CUT ANY PART OF THE ANTENNA!

The FF and FS are indeed two different birds.. adding the longer antenna and getting it up as far from the water as you can is your best bet on a FF. It would likely range test the same as the FS with the TX and RX antennas both straight up.. but it will not out perform the FS in a multitude of orientations. So.. Diversity is BEST. BUT.. I have had good operation with the FF AS LONG as you treat the install and operation like a MHZ radio best you can. (Antennas up!)

BTY.. i have tested to 2800 feet with both diversity and non diversity RXs.. optimum antenna placement on both.

Grim

Then.. if I might.. about 700 feet and its a BEAR to see the orientation of an RC boat.. ANY RC BOAT.. I tested this with a 51inch gas boat and was just truing to get an idea of what a practical distance might be. 700 is a BUNCH! (just 10cent data.. not sure its helpful, just sharing)
Thank you for all the info,. I was asking about the length because 400mm might beore them is needed even for the longest antenna tube. And the 400mm Length antenna is impossible to find. But since I'm very much DIY , I found these antenna at Mouser Electronics, I think the 400mm one is under 7 dollars. I'm gonna try one out and range test it and then try it out on a land vehicle before installing it in a boat
Ken

You can get them right from Futaba USA.. Contact them to find out more! They have them in bulk but you have to contact repairs..(i think) to get what you need,

Grim

Last edited:
You can get them right from Futaba USA.. Contact them to find out more! They have them in bulk but you have to contact repairs..(i think) to get what you need,

Grim
Makes sense, I gave the web site a quick glance, nothing there, I will call them tomorrow and see if I can get some.

Sounds like Walt Barney has them on here as well..

Keep us posted.

Grim
Well I put in a request in their repair department yesterday, I received an email today that they had one in stock, so i ordered it, only 6.99. I did not see the shipping quote until after I paid, Bang 11.99 for UPS ground. Oh well live and learn. I reached out to Walt because I would like 3 more.
Ken

shipping is just TO FREEKING NUTS.. somebody has to pay for Jeff Bezos rockets. ... CRIPES.

One left.. o man.. LOL.. I bet they have more on order ASAP.. good news that Walt has ya covered!

Be well

I got 2 antennas from Walt for the same price as one from Futaba USA I should have just waited to hear from Walt. Uh well live and learn

Last edited:
Back