Futaba Magnum 3PM-FS 75MHz

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjs

Does anyone have any experience with this transmitter? I recently picked up a few compatible receivers with 3 different crystals. All receivers and crystals seem to work, but the range is terrible. With the same battery, esc, and servo on my Spektrum DX3C I have no issues. The batteries in the transmitter are new and the antenna is pulled out fully. I am not above tearing the transmitter apart if necessary. The transmitter was a freebie and the receivers I traded for, but I would like to figure this out so I can give a working system to the neighbor kid.

Thank you,

Chris

If it helps diagnose it, I have tried multiple other servos and ESCs, same issue with the 3PM-FS, no issues with the Spektrum

-Chris

It is threaded in tight. I will see if I can get the TX apart to check out any other connection to the antenna.

Compatile receivers are not always compatile based on signal/frequency ....That is because the crystals and not all compatible... You will need to verify the correct type of crystal for the receiver. Second: Check RF gain on the radio once you have the first part correct... If problem still persist ....Futaba for a full tune up...
default_wink.png

Does anyone have any experience with this transmitter? I recently picked up a few compatible receivers with 3 different crystals. All receivers and crystals seem to work, but the range is terrible. With the same battery, esc, and servo on my Spektrum DX3C I have no issues. The batteries in the transmitter are new and the antenna is pulled out fully. I am not above tearing the transmitter apart if necessary. The transmitter was a freebie and the receivers I traded for, but I would like to figure this out so I can give a working system to the neighbor kid.

Thank you,

Chris
Chris,

Are they matched pairs of the proper crystals not just the same frequency or the range will suffer tremendously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, Daniel,

The RX's and XTals are Futaba.

Daniel, the TX is a synthesized unit, which is what is making me shake my head.

We had used these RX's is my brother-in-laws boats using the same model radio. So not sure why we have an issue. other than there is a TX problem

I replaced the frequency synthesized module on my 4PK with a 2.4 module and it's been trouble free for years. The old module was a little flaky.

Lohring Miller

I too had problems with dialable module in the past. See if you can get one for crystals for testing. If you need one, I got a bunch. I can send you one. With matching crystals

Last edited by a moderator:
I was jsut looking online to see if the 3pm has a removable module. Could not find it easily. So maybe mine wont work. Offer still stands if it does.

Cya

Mike

The 3PM that I have does not have a removable module or a tx crystal. The RX's and crystals are Futaba, as stated above. I was told the TX sat in storage for a while, but this TX shows no signs of wear from prior usage before storage. The reason I was not gifted RX's with the TX was because he gave them away with the cars they were in and he was using Novak synthesized RX's.

Back