Futaba Controller Problem

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralphie

Hi

I have just installed a Castle Phoenix 25 ESC that I am trying to control with a older Futaba Magnum jr. FP-T2PBKA pistol type controller.

The ESC unit arms fine when I push the throttle to brake but I can not get a neutral (stop) setting with out going forward to brake again. I have tried adjusting the Throttle Trim settings, it helped a little bit but not enough so that when I take my finger off the trigger (to stop at neutral) the motor stops.

I can't get the motor to stop when my finger is off the trigger, I have to push to the brake side to stop the motor.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Hi

I have just installed a Castle Phoenix 25 ESC that I am trying to control with a older Futaba Magnum jr. FP-T2PBKA pistol type controller.

The ESC unit arms fine when I push the throttle to brake but I can not get a neutral (stop) setting with out going forward to brake again. I have tried adjusting the Throttle Trim settings, it helped a little bit but not enough so that when I take my finger off the trigger (to stop at neutral) the motor stops.

I can't get the motor to stop when my finger is off the trigger, I have to push to the brake side to stop the motor.

Any ideas ??

Thanks
Ralphie

The simpal answer to your problem is that the castle phoenix controller is for aircraft and stick radios and not for pistol grip radios the neutral position is at the end of the throttle stick movement and can't be changed ether at the controller or at the transmitter.

But their is a small plug in device that can be plugged in between the Rx and the controller that will fix this this is the link to it. its called a PiStix http://www.rc-hydros.com/ :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i struck that same problem trying to set a esc up on a 3pk , it took a while an that was before these tricky little modules.

the new 3pk super has two throttle types to cure this ..

but

i was wondering since you are putting this in a boat wouldnt it be beneficial to have the motor trickling forward to keep the hull from taking on any water ....??

i was trying to use an esc on a car , it needed to stop . the boat could keep moving No ??

Jase

Latest posts

Back