Castle Creations has Released the Hydra XLX2. 8S/400A/waterproof ESC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
Great news from Castle Creations: They have started shipping the new Hydra XLX2 controllers to distributors in the US. These ESC's are based off the successful XLX2 car ESC and now include the water cooling plate built in. These are 3S-8S lipo capable and can push 300-400A comfortably without breaking a sweat. Best of all they are full potted so they are waterproof and they have Castle's great datalogging for checking your performance after a run. These ESC's can run just about any motor from a 2-pole inrunner to a 14pole outrunner. I personally have tested these at close to 500A without any hiccups. Please help support our vendors who carry these:

Offshore Electrics

StumpFab

Attachments

• cas-010-0173-00-1_medium.jpg
    cas-010-0173-00-1_medium.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 0
I`m literally drooling 😄
Even though the MGM-Compro outperforms the Castle esc, I have to say I like the look of the Castle a lot better. Also the programming options Castle provide is very nice 👌 And it is cheap 👍

I`m literally drooling 😄
Even though the MGM-Compro outperforms the Castle esc, I have to say I like the look of the Castle a lot better. Also the programming options Castle provide is very nice 👌 And it is cheap 👍
How does the MGM outperform? Performance or features. Not reliability with the ones I have had.
Mic

The MGM's are great ESC's, however this Castle will push up to 500A which is beyond what most MGM's will push. Even though MGM offers waterproofing on their smaller ESC's, Castle does a nice job potting their ESC. Datalogging on both are great, but the interface IMO is better on the Castle.

The MGM's are great ESC's, however this Castle will push up to 500A which is beyond what most MGM's will push. Even though MGM offers waterproofing on their smaller ESC's, Castle does a nice job potting their ESC. Datalogging on both are great, but the interface IMO is better on the Castle.
Yeah, I love the Castle interface!!
I pushed the MGM 25035 close to 600A, obviously that is not recommended at all 😅 But it kept running and still going strong.
However, I`m gonna get one of the new Castles for sure !

Back