futaba 4px

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbowden21

I see this radio has a dial knob on it. Does anyone know if the dial is able to be used as a 3rd channel? Are there any other 2.4 radios that have a dial knob that can be used as the 3rd channel?

Thanks,

603FS is a dual antenna one internal and one external it is less expensive than the smaller one that comes with the 4PK make sure what mode you set for each model as for as servos go. Zimmerman says he uses a hitec with his Futaba.

I have been using the R304SB receiver. Cheaper and available sensor system. don't need the super ultra uber high speed FASST features of the R603FS and R604FS receivers.

I was told by Futaba that the 4PX will not support the R603FS receivers. Was going to up date from a 4PK to 4PX until I found this out.

4PX is Sport & Telemetry FHSS only, I run the 304SB primarily as it is cheaper, smaller to fit in ballons & its telemetry capable to run sensors w/ RX voltage as well.

I haven't used the dial for a third channel needle, its a little far from your reach on the wheel especially if you're using the drop down bracket.

All around great radio.

I was told by Futaba that the 4PX will not support the R603FS receivers. Was going to up date from a 4PK to 4PX until I found this out.
I was told by a guy that worked for Futaba that to use a R603FS it was only a software upgrade that needed to be done, but probably wouldn't be done. That way Futaba could sell more receivers. I was going to switch also, but I have 11 603fs receivers.

yep will not take any of the 603 receivers.. i have this radio.. have to either use the telemetry radio recivers ( which you can't bind two together for a twin ) or the cheaper sport receivers or the 614 i think is the number

I had the same dilemma. I ended up buying the 4PX and several telemetry receivers, but still kept the 4PK because I have a lot of 603FS receivers. The 4PK is covered in oil and nitro so it stays with the oily boats. The 4PX goes with the FE boats where the telemetry is more valuable.

I see this radio has a dial knob on it. Does anyone know if the dial is able to be used as a 3rd channel? Are there any other 2.4 radios that have a dial knob that can be used as the 3rd channel?

Thanks,
Go to Towerhobbies.com on the tech Notes for 4PX4 Radio . It requires R304SB Receiver & they also show a few Compatable part number receivers that will Work. the required receiver R304SB is Only $49.00
default_blink.png
default_blink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The tfhss and.fhss rec are great I have both and are tiny the only fasst rec that works is the 4 channel 6014 I believe

Futaba certainly didn't think the lack of Fasst 3 channel compatibility through very well..

That is the biggest reason the 4PX hasn't really ever and probably never will take off. That and the fact competitors are integrating GPS telemetry built into there premium radio/receivers.

The only people buying them are the ones that thought the GPS module Futaba had would work with this radio's telemetry only to find out it wasn't compatible either.

Them and the ones that thought for sure 3 channel Fasst receivers would surely work that they already had and that doesn't either.

The radio should have had the C1 setting for the 3 channel Fasst and many would have bought one.

Latest posts

Back