Futaba 4pk vs. FASST 3pk

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackout

Anyone want to talk me out of spending an extra $100 for the 4pk? Futaba has a deal right now where you get a free 2nd receiver if you buy a 4pk or 3pk? Getting a free receiver may be enough incentive for me to put the extra money down on the 4pk. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

How many boats do you have? If it's more than 2, the $ difference between the 3PK and 4PK will more than cover the cost of another receiver.

These may help:

http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk2015.html

http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk4900.html

The 3PK and 4PK have very similar programming features. The 4PK obviously has an additional channel. The 3PK stores 20 models, or 30 with a CAMPAC module installed. The 4PK stores 40.

The major difference is that the 3PK uses an RF module setup that allows you to choose 2.4 or 75 MHz receivers when using the appropriate module. The 4PK has the RF deck built in and is locked on 2.4.

You can get both manuals here: http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Love my 3PKs also have 2 on PCM and love the choice of FM, PCM or get a module and go 2.4

Have a synthesized FM module now and can change channels with ease.

VERY solid construction except the battery lid.

Can't go wrong with it. Saw Jerry Dunlaps 4PK.. nice and compact. but only 2.4

Question really is, are u a 2.4 believer??

Brian

Love my 3PKs also have 2 on PCM and love the choice of FM, PCM or get a module and go 2.4Have a synthesized FM module now and can change channels with ease.

VERY solid construction except the battery lid.

Can't go wrong with it. Saw Jerry Dunlaps 4PK.. nice and compact. but only 2.4

Question really is, are u a 2.4 believer??

Brian

Question really is, are you not a 2.4 believer?? Believe it, you'll never go back to FM or PCM!

Amen Bro.......... I would rather have the scale boat have a runaway and be COMPLETY DESTROYED they EVER go back to xtls.

Others will think what they want.. but.. it’s a leap of faith.

Grim

Amen Bro.......... I would rather have the scale boat have a runaway and be COMPLETY DESTROYED they EVER go back to xtls.
Others will think what they want.. but.. it's a leap of faith.

Grim
Four boats last year, all 3PK, all 2.4, no problems.

I believe in FASST 2.4, just not sure if I'll need the 4th channel in the future. I'm sure I'll be running an adjustable needle at some point. If I also wanted to try adjustable trim tabs or a wing then a 4th would be needed. Not sure how likely that would be though.

Could use a 4th for a needle for the water on your cooling head of the motor . Use the same needle type assemblies .

Ed

I ordered a 3pk FASST from my LHS. It will be interesting to see how I like it compared to my 3pj. I was going to just convert my 3pj, but the free reciever makes the 3pk worth it. After thinking about it awhile, I couldn't spend the extra $100 on the 4pk.

Question, is the 3pk FASST going to come with a 6v reciever battery charger?? According to the website specs, it looks like it will not. The 4pk supposely comes with a charger for 6v reciever batteries. The price difference between the two is getting smaller since I don't have a 6v charger...

Question, is the 3pk FASST going to come with a 6v reciever battery charger?? According to the website specs, it looks like it will not. The 4pk supposely comes with a charger for 6v reciever batteries. The price difference between the two is getting smaller since I don't have a 6v charger...
How much do you think you'll spend on a charger?

How much do you think you'll spend on a charger?
If you run nicad receiver packs you better spend a few bucks to take care of them. Also to be sure your packs are in good condition you will want a charger discharger or cycler ANYTHING less and you are itching for a run away boat. If the price has you wondering i have a pair of Hobbico chargers one field 12 and a charger cycler id sell cheep as ive moved up to a Triton and Thunder Power chargers

A decent 6v charger is less then 100 bucks, and a minimal operation charger (thats still good) can be had for around 50.

I use the Dynamite Vision Peak Ultra because i use LiPo reciever packs and it charges them, and also does NIMH and NICD. Only $90 bucks.

Matt down here has a 4PK... i actually dont like how light it is.

Are you guys saying that the 6v charger that the 4pk comes with isn't all that good anyways??

The charger that the LHS showed me a couple weeks ago was $33. It charged up to 9.6 volts. I don't remember the brand. I'm sure they have better ones too, I just didn't ask.

I forgot that it was good to drain the batteries fully before charging again. Transmitter and reciever batteries would never even get close to being drained unless you were asking for trouble.

I haven't held one, but I agree, lighter isn't going to be better for me. My 3pj seems like a perfect weight, not sure how that compares to the 3pk.

I haven't held one, but I agree, lighter isn't going to be better for me. My 3pj seems like a perfect weight, not sure how that compares to the 3pk.
I really like my 3PKS and I had the 3PJS before I switched over to 2.4. You will be happy with it. B)

Guy's , I think the weight difference is only five ounces less on the 4pk.

I have a 3pk and have not had a problem with it .

Anything that has FASST technology, you can't go wrong with.

Back