Futaba 2.4 system

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale0

Has anyone tried the Futaba 2.4 system in a nitro boat yet? Any problems so far? I did not have good results with the Spectrum system in cars or boats. Too many dead spots. But i have had great results with the Futaba system in 1/8th scale cars so far.

I have run the 2.4 system in my 3.5 tunnel a bunch w/o any problems. It ranged checked, running WOT, at least 200 yards from the beach. It was way further out on our pond than I'd ever have any reason to be during a race. I've also run it in my 7.5 Mod Tunnel w/o issues - but not as many times.

JD

What about a Lipo reciever pack? Has anyone had much experiance with them? Is it necessary to run a voltage regulator, or will the voltage regulator in the reciever handle the extra voltage?

Just for anyone who is intrested, I ran the Futaba FASST 2.4 ghz system in 5 boats at a district race last weekend and am happy to say it was solid as a rock the whole time. No glitches or going into fail safe at all.

Daleo

They do work...... but..... Our team Futaba heli pilot had one go up in the back (he was using it as a RX pack) of his van.. The heli was lost and the van gutted.. The power was good on the battery and the machine flew well. The risk however is not worth it. Now.. he keeps all his Lipos in his van in his driveway.. not the garage.. if the van goes up the house and himself wont go with it. True..

I have lots of lipos too and I keep them in a small hand held safe. I do not store them in or on the machine or plane.

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
Back