FUN RUN????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrotoys

Guys, I know we have had a fun run in june every year, Just was wondering if we are going to do it again this year?

Ron I know you do the leg work and getting the pond for us

I know we wait for Mark, ( worth it ) But maybe see if we can set something up for the first part of june, or end of may, IF Mark can make it sooner.

as the weeds are getting bad in spots when we run.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a little discussion last year about possibly moving it to Grand Rapids to Sanford Lake but that may have fizzled out. Myself and Scott VanSlooten have been trying to contact the club but I haven't heard anything back in response. I told them that if we came up there that they could not run cars that day because of radio problems. There was a possible problem with that site also as we wanted to find out who actually owned the lake or property around it.

The weeds were bad last year at Spring Valley Park in that spot but there are other places there where they might not be so bad. I'll be checking those out once the ice melts or try to find another location to hold it at.

I hope we have it again. It may be harder for me to make this year though with a new one at home. I am still not sure how I pulled it off last year seems it was my wife's b-day.

I know I am not on here as much any more but I do stop in and check things out still when I have time. If nothing else let Wade know and he can get a hold of me.

I'd like to get it scheduled if possible so that is on a weekend where there isn't a dtistrict race or RCX in June in Chicago.

In the meantime, I'll be saving the Tide bottles for Mark! :lol:

Ron Olson said:
In the meantime, I'll be saving the Tide bottles for Mark! :lol:
xcuse me? I'm not the one that runs into Tide bottles :lol:

Remember this?

kz02.jpg

As for myself showing up, that may be difficult with the still pending D.. :( However, if it is on a weekend that I have off, I may just come up with a boat or two to run with you guys.. It would have to be a Saturday as Friday and Sunday would be travel days.

Mark...

LOL people are going to be a bit confused.

I hit the bottles, now its wet arses to look at

My vote is to have another fun run this year. Was a good time last yr. GR is cool with me... But anywhere it is held outboardman10 and myself will be there.

I'm in again! That is one event I look forward too. :D Earlier in June might work better because of the weeds. for now, lets try to keep it in the same spot.

We might be able to move the course a few feet over to where the point is, the weeds didn't look bad over there. They seemed to be worse where I had set the buoys at last year.

Looking at my schedule, May 28th might be a better date.. The next weekend off is Jun 11th. With the kids b-day on the 12th, that might not go over well with them. But then again, by that time, the D "might" be over with and they could be already moved to Mich. Time will tell...

Mark.

The same spot is best, I think we all have something to look forward to, Just need to set a date to where we all can make it.

I'll let you guys decide on a date, any Saturday is good for me around that time of the year.

May 28th sounds good, That is MEM Day weekend.

Hope all can make it on this date.

PJ is going to join us?

I can hear Ron words now, GOD DAMMIT ERIC. :p :p :p

Hey Mark, this time remember the nitro goes in the boat, not your eyes!! :eek:

Maybe we should try to set a schedule for run time vs. size. Last year, I know we tried to get only the .12 size out there for a impromptu-to race, but someone always seemed to through a bigger boat out there just as everyone was starting there little ones. Just a thought.

something like open water from opening to say noon, then .12 size only till 12:30, then 3.5 size till 1:00, then .45 size till 1:30 then 60 size till 2:00, anything about that till 2:30 then open water again until we decide to pack it up. That way, we can have fun watching the other size boats as well as have fun driving our own.

What does everyone think?

If this year is bigger again, we are going to have a ton of people!! The 1st year we had 6, last year I think we had close to 20, maybe more.

LOL I was going to say something about Mark needs eye wear.

I was more than willing to wait to run my bigger boats.

I enjoy BSing with everyone as much as I do running the boats.

I dont want to see a time frame, I know a couple people came there and ran just when ever.

Course Don T did not have a problem with running his .12 rigger with my cat.

LOL Untill he got a wave. But that was fun.

Holiday weekend? Crap, didn't even know that.. Guess that is what I get for working this weird arse schedule. It's either a day on or day off. Holidays are a thing of the past..

Ok, ok, I now plan on buying a crank fuel pump!! Safety glasses are also on the list!

Someone planning on bringing a retrieval boat? No trailer for me this trip. Not much will fit in the back of the Jeep..

Mark....

hhmmm, where did that Tide pic go to? :rolleyes:

Back