• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use John Otto fuels,Torco,Grimracer fuel Guess what to me they all ran good in my twin I do add 2-3 Oz of Klotz KL-100 to my fuel per gallon for extra Lube on these CMB 101RS engines.. JUlian

"Castor dose things in the eng that synthetic just cant do."

I'd like to hear your theory on that one as I stopped using castor in my fuels a number of years ago. I have started using it again though....... in my shaft oilers. :)
Leaves a residue kinda like seasoning a iron skillet.

Sorry if it is not to technical I am simple minded from to much butter in my pan. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Something to note.. Grimracer fuel is VERY EASY on needle bearings. Our fuel loves both small motors and large. The smaller motors benift from the light oil vis as it passes faster in those high reving motors. And the quality of the oil LOVES needle bearings in those monster blocks.

Something to ponder. IF' you see a guy "Shaking" up his fuel before it cracks it open think about it. Whats he doing. You will never have to do this with our fuel.. or any Syn fuels.

Im just laying it out there and not picking on anybodys fuel.. Like I said I have been beat by them all!

Grimracer..

I'd like to hear your theory on that one as I stopped using castor in my fuels a number of years ago. I have started using it again though....... in my shaft oilers. :)

Sorry if it is not to technical I am simple minded from to much butter in my pan. :blink:
Too much butter in the pan, dude that's funny! Seriously though when I got away from castor and went with 100% synthetic I saw my bearing life got better. Was lucky enough to talk to a guy involved with full size turbines and asked about that (the guy's probably forgot more than I'll ever know about hi speed bearings and lubrication) and his theory was that the build up or residue from the castor decreased the bearing clearances and accelerated wear. Could I disprove it? Hell no but it seemed like a good answer not to mention that we already knew that too much lubrication results in bearings skidding in the races as opposed to rolling in them causing premature wear. To date the best synthetic oil I've found is what Andy turned me onto, the 100% synthetic kart oil. :)

I'd like to hear your theory on that one as I stopped using Castor in my fuels a number of years ago. I have started using it again though....... in my shaft oilers. :)

Too much butter in the pan, dude that's funny! Seriously though when I got away from Castor and went with 100% synthetic I saw my bearing life got better. Was lucky enough to talk to a guy involved with real turbines and asked about that (the guy's probably forgot more than I'll ever know about hi speed bearings and lubrication) and his theory was that the build up or residue from the Castor decreased the bearing clearances and accelerated wear. Could I disprove it? Hell no but it seemed like a good answer not to mention that we already knew that too much lubrication results in bearings skidding in the races as opposed to rolling in them causing premature wear. To date the best synthetic oil I've found is what Andy turned me onto, the 100% synthetic kart oil. :)
You got the butter in the pan thing ;)

You know are little eng are way different than any other eng with that piston squeezed to death to make a seal and then burning all that nitro to boot.

That seal is most important than any thing in are engs.

Castor dose what nothing else will help make a seal and keep it.

That caramel color left from burnt Castor can only be made by nature.

My eng with the plug out when turned over dose not even feel like a piston is in there.

Heck dicks got the pincher out and coming my way.

Most would say it is worn out till thy see it run.

The other down falls are acceptable in my mind.

A little bit will do.

You know I stopped using the Castor after Jerry said he dose not use it cause it cools the ex temps and holds down the R's.

Then I was running with Eric and he told me a story about a little book he keeps and about running with Andy. Andy ran out of fuel. Eric gave him some of his with Castor in it and there was no change in the way Andy's boat ran to Andy's surprise.

But go the other way from Castor to no Castor and the boat will get slower as the good is washed of the piston.

DAVID just because the engine turns over and it does not have no bump that does not mean the engine is worn out. remember when you run the engine the piston will swell and make the seal.. a lot of people think that way and they are wrong. my 80 Twin engines had very little bump without the glowplug in them but when i ran the boat in record trials it was a solid 90 MPH straight away passes back to back so was my engine worn out ?? My 101 RS engine in my Twin i ran for almost 1 1/2 years with the same liner,piston and bearings i use 60% nitro 18% oil and 2-3 oz per gallon of Klotz KL 100 and the engines look brand new i blew some up when i hit the bank at huntsville but thats a different story. i just changed all my P/L and bearings on my engines this year. so what you think ??

Julian

DAVID just because the engine turns over and it does not have no bump that does not mean the engine is worn out. remember when you run the engine the piston will swell and make the seal.. a lot of people think that way and they are wrong. my 80 Twin engines had very little bump without the glowplug in them but when i ran the boat in record trials it was a solid 90 MPH straight away passes back to back so was my engine worn out ?? My 101 RS engine in my Twin i ran for almost 1 1/2 years with the same liner,piston and bearings i use 60% nitro 18% oil and 2-3 oz per gallon of Klotz KL 100 and the engines look brand new i blew some up when i hit the bank at huntsville but thats a different story. i just changed all my P/L and bearings on my engines this year. so what you think ??

Julian
Julian;

I agree with you 100% on the loose P&S fit,,, my 60 Mono is as fast, if not faster than some big block Mono's.

I can turn that thing over, W/ the plug removed using one finger to rotate the prop.

There isn't even the slightest thump as it goes over TDC,, But **** is it fast!!!!

Julian
Julian;

I agree with you 100% on the loose P&S fit,,, my 60 Mono is as fast, if not faster than some big block Mono's.

I can turn that thing over, W/ the plug removed using one finger to rotate the prop.

There isn't even the slightest thump as it goes over TDC,, But **** is it fast!!!!
Thats correct that was the deal with my 80 Twin with 80 engines. it was a rocket but did not bump at TDC but when the piston grows it will make the seal and still haul the mail..

So 3 pages and 39 posts what have we learned???
that castor is not good, synthetic is better, grimracer fuel is easy on needles and bearings, Ottos fuel runs great and he uses morgan lubricants, wilfong thinks his engine is wore out, julian uses all the fuels available and they all run great with castor or synthetic lubricants and julian and bellinger agree that wilfong's engine is still good and it does not need to have a bump at TDC because the piston swells and creates the seal the engine needs close enough ?/? ohh ferrette uses castor on his oilers for his driveshafts

Back