• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree 100% with Rick... Technology Fuels without a doubt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology the best, you can let this fuel sit and not use it for a while bring it out nothing wrong with it like other fuels Robert

I dont know why you guys are pushing that.. I never called Johns fuel out as bad fuel" I did however comment that "on a fuel thread" to be cautious of "Garage fuels". I never picked on Johns fuel or called it out specifically as “Garage fuel”. I have no idea how he mixes his fuel or has it mixed.

But.. You all want to believe what you want to believe.. Go back and read the thread. Maybe this is why I was asked not to come back to the Badger pond by Mike Crawford and would not be missed. I don’t know. Silly to me but everybody is welcome to their opinion. I can respect that.

But.. Because this is an open question from Albert.. I will chime in.

Albert how necessary is your need for 60%? If the oil is right in the fuel you can use fuel with lesser nitro and run just as fast or faster without a “peaky” needle.

Also give thought to a fuel that uses pure synthetic oil. Syns have come a long way over the years and it’s the “one” real variable to model engine fuel. The meth and Nitro are nothing more and nothing less. The oil is the key to good motor runs.

Another advantage of Syn oils is they don’t settle or loose there fibers (most model engine casters are bean castor). They can separate and loose there fibers. This plugs up fuel filters and passes thought bearings. When I was running “a different brand” I would change rods and bearing every other year or so and thought that was just part of the environment our boats ran in.. Its not.

Regards

Mike Z

I mix my own fuel that way I know what I have and can change the mix for testing.

Klotz makes a lite oil half the viscosity of the regular oil. I also use SIG AAA Castor in the mix.

SIG is made by klotz.

60% nitro 15% syn 5% castor is all I run in every eng.

The local speed shop can also get VP 50-50 in a 5 gal can for around $100. Then get gallons from Rodney and spike it up.

I know John uses Klotz and this is the fuel I used before I got to mixing.

Rodney supplied me with the 100% at first then John hooked me up.

Castor dose things in the eng that synthetic just cant do. You need some Castor in the fuel. that is unless you are running time trials then any thing goes.

So yes Garage fuel dose good by me!!!!!!!!!!

David

Truth is you dont NEED castor and many fuels have proven that over and over. Castor "can" help protect the engine from A lean run but in all instances I have seen, more than not, the single benefit is not worth the long term result.

But again.. To each his own. I have been beat by all kinds of fuel.. lol.. Part of this game to me is years of motor service and low glow plug loss. Something that is tougher to get with Castor in the fuel.

Draw your fuel.. take 10 paces. and FIRE! Lets race!

Grim

I mix my own fuel that way I know what I have and can change the mix for testing.

Klotz makes a lite oil half the viscosity of the regular oil. I also use SIG AAA Castor in the mix.

SIG is made by klotz.

The local speed shop can also get VP 50-50 in a 5 gal can for around $100. Then get gallons from Rodney and spike it up.

Castor dose things in the eng that synthetic just cant do. You need some Castor in the fuel. that is unless you are running time trials then any thing goes.

David
David,

Unless I am mistaken, in talking with John O over the past few years, he is using Morgan Cool Power fully synthetic 2 cycle cart racing oil, and not Klotz. At least that is what he tells me from year to year. I also mix my own and use his nitro and Cool Power oil and have done so for the past 6+ years. Do not use castor as I have not seen one bit of difference between using it or not when using the Cool Power. Grim hit the key point - use the HIGHEST quality synthetic oil.

John

Grim Racer Fuel........ I have won many races with this blue stuff. It is 50% and can be shipped right to your door.

Easy on plugs and motors.

Robert Holland

SIG is made by klotz.

David

I have been reading the threads and there are all valid points. The fact is that you do not need castor in the fuel anymore as the action that the castor performed which is refered to as plating, shearing, film strength this is all related to the oils ability to one withstand the load being forced on it. two to stay in a film and three to stay in behind the after the burn. Most all older synthetics would all flash off, break down and the other key thing to mention here is the oils ability to become misable in the alcohol. Older synthetics would fall out of suspension. Not good. The caster would stay suspensed and also be able to have good shear and plating. The bad thing is with all engines that burn Alcohol is that a lean burn ( making good power) will result in the byproduct of water being created. This mixed with the remaining castor that did not escape causes a acidic enviroment. That was not good so they introduced the corrosion packages and some sythetic. There is a few companies that do make a synthetic that are good and act just as castor. There is one company that has perfected the use. And as well they stay suspended in the alcohol as well much better now. There is alot more to fuel then people think and castor is a item that will never go away. It is not bad for the mix by any means in this case it does not hurt anything just that you do not benifit from it. It makes the fuel heavy and then you need to consume more fuel to release the same power. This is what Grim is saying when he mentioned you can make the same power with lower nitro with a good oil package. He is not wrong he is right.

"Castor dose things in the eng that synthetic just cant do."

I'd like to hear your theory on that one as I stopped using castor in my fuels a number of years ago. I have started using it again though....... in my shaft oilers. :)

"Castor dose things in the eng that synthetic just cant do."

I'd like to hear your theory on that one as I stopped using castor in my fuels a number of years ago. I have started using it again though....... in my shaft oilers. :)
Leaves a residue kinda like seasoning a iron skillet.

Sorry if it is not to technical I am simple minded. :blink:

Back