Fuel tank

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi everyone. What's everyone using for fuel tanks in their gas scales? I use these gas bags but they get stiff after a while. Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Norm

Norm,I'm using a plastic hard tank on my T-6.I have the radio box in front of the engine,and though there is space in front of the radio box,there is not enough for a fuel tank.My tank is rectangular,mounted behind the engine to the right.It is 16 oz.which is close to 500cc.There was not a good place behind the engine for a gas bag.You are right about the aging of a gas bag,but it is sealed,with no vent required.I made a vent out of vertically coiled tubing,which I blow out after each run to make sure there is no water in the vent line. I am in the process of filling and sanding my T-6 now.The boat should be red in a few weeks.

Harvey

My bag is in front of the radio box which is in front of the engine. I know about the weight change as the fuel burns off but couldn't come up with a better location. Could the added weight up front be the cause of my barrel roll in this video??

Could my skid fin be too short or not bent in enough? I had another side roll over this morning and it's starting to piss me off

Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:
What hull are you running? Is it a commercial hull or did you build it from a kit or plans?

What I could see is that the boat was trying to carry the left sponsonon the straights. What I saw at the 1:08 mark is it appeared to have stuffed the left sponson and that caused the boat to barrel roll. If it was a skid fin problem, I'm thinking it would be doing it on a more consistant basis and not just when you sharpened the corner.

It's home built from ML boatworks. I've noticed that the turn fin is in the water only by about 2/3rds (at best) below the sponsoon bottom. Maybe I installed too high to begin with??? I'm concerned with a bit of normal left side dive will pull out the fin even more out of the water and reduce it's effect on keeping the right side in the water?? This afternoon i've made a short extension lowering the fin so that it's fully in the water in hopes that this will help...but haven't had time ti try it out. Here are a couple more videos taken in the past week. Maybe some of you experts could comment??

much appreciated

Norm

Did you change anything after the roll over? In the second and third videos I didn't see the same tendancy of carrying the sponson

This "after crash" video was taken 10 minutes after the "crash #2" video. The only thing I did in "after crash" video was change the end point adjustment for the rudder to avoid too sharp right turns. You'll notice the engine running a bit rough for the first 20 sec or so. The other 2 vids (in post 7) were taken earlier in the day with more down force on the front canard. I decreased the down force to try to get a bit of air under the boat for increased speed. As anyone ever complained of barrel rolls from their boats?

Latest posts

Back