Fuel pumps

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been using a six shooter for 30 yrs & only changed silicone tubing 1 or 2 times new but have 4 on hand, 2 on fuel caddy at a time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You guys should try filling a 80 twin with a six shooter. UGH But they do last a long time and never fail.

Slimline all the way. Six shooter moves 1/6 ounce each revolution ok for a little tunnel

I've got some MPI's hand crank pumps that are 20 years old that spent most of their life pumping 30 percent heli fuel and continue to pump 60 percent boat fuel. A few years ago after cranking to fill tanks on the twin I realized it was starting to get painful (surgery on both hands) cranking all the time and saw a setup that Doc Turner used for electric pumps and I made the switch. I've had good luck with the Sullivan and Hobbico electrics, go through about one a year and always have a spare.

Thanks, John

When it comes to hand crank gear pumps.. the trick is that pesky flat rubber washer.. I replace it with an Oring and then adjust the setscrew for best performance.

Grim

I've got to agree with Ian, the Six Shooter works great though, as others have hinted at, it's not the fastest thing around.

Back