FT WAYNE HOBBY SHOW/EXPO.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Kramer

Supporting Member
there is a hobby show/swap meet at the ft wayne veterans memorial coliseum, sr 930/parnell avenue. on march 7 ,saturday 2009. show starts at 10am . set up for the show/swap meet starts at 8:00am . enter off parnell to get in early and get registered. tables available. awards are given to show entrants. airplanes, boats , models, trains, helicopters, cars for sale.

See ya there Dan. Eric and I are rolling down, Misshydro and Joe are planning on showing up.

This is one of the best swap meets in the area for hundreds of miles for R/C boaters. There is usally a gun and knife show in the other half of the auditorium. We snuck across there last year and loaded up on some sausages from exotic animals, well, at least not native to this area.

I'm still kicking myself from selling that Zen that I bought from Bob but got some sweet props from him and the hull that I've still not done anything with yet.

For those into Golf, there is a huge show in the "Jungle" (Fort Wayne Komets ice rink) at the same time.

Hobby Show & Swap Meet is on Saturday the 7th 10AM - 4PM. The gun show is also on saturday the 7th. The golf show changed dates, and was held last week end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. My son was watching this thread and passed it along to the person interested.

Ok heres the boats that were at Fortwayne R/C show. The first three boats won first places in there classes..My boat was one of the first place boats.Dan and Karen also won first place too..All three of us are members on this site.. I'll post pics in a few mins.
gallery_3638_682_90316.jpg
gallery_3638_682_44936.jpg
gallery_3638_682_3285.jpg

Got a few shots myself but it would be redundant to post more pix of yours.

Dan Kramer's T-boat sitting just to the left of yours was a work of art!

I'll brighten up my shots before putting them in here.

Joe probably told you that I spent a few bucks there picking up a Lazer 45, some parts and a 4WD nitro buggy for Eric. Now he really owes me!

Tony, if you see this thread, there weren't any of those servo arms that you're looking for.

Yep Joe and his friend had a blast there!! Joe's dodge monster truck got first place too.
gallery_3638_682_30268.jpg

I did get a "little" lost trying to find the Coliseum but found a place to get directions, one of the Phil's Hobby Shop stores! Hey, it was a good of a place as any to find out that I was only a couple of blocks away.

No idea of what was going on in the main arena but as we were leaving there was a LOT of very young girls with their mothers coming into the place.

Disney on ice was at the Coliseum this last week.
Joe was wondering that too..lol!!!!But this year there was more venders and more planes then last year..I wished I'd wouldve known about reshowing boats or wouldve brought Oberto 1.. Oh well I'll bring 5 boats next year... ;)

You noticed that too huh? Karen had her Margaritaville SS 21 there again along with some others that were in the show last year.

It's not Toledo but they probably like to have the tables filled.

Now, get that other coat of clear on it then take it to the big show!

Thanks, I didn't know what was going on in the arena and I was trying to find out while waiting at the traffic light.

I'm still not brave enough to wear my K-Wings cap in there yet. In the old days Kalamazoo and Fort Wayne were big rivals.

You noticed that too huh? Karen had her Margaritaville SS 21 there again along with some others that were in the show last year.It's not Toledo but they probably like to have the tables filled.

Thanks, I didn't know what was going on in the arena and I was trying to find out while waiting at the traffic light.

I'm still not brave enough to wear my K-Wings cap in there yet. In the old days Kalamazoo and Fort Wayne were big rivals.
lol!!!!!! Ya I'm going to try to get a coat of crossfire clear on it this week..If not next week for sure..Joe did pickup me a hanger9 glowstarter for 3.00.. It works but the gage doesnt.. :( Was wondering if they sell the gage part?If not I'll get a new one and keep the other as a stand by..Some how I lost two of my rechargable glowstarters two years ago.

Here's some pics from last year show in 08.
gallery_3638_682_42985.jpg
gallery_3638_682_16815.jpg
gallery_3638_682_79249.jpg
gallery_3638_682_31704.jpg
gallery_3638_682_36729.jpg
gallery_3638_682_24641.jpg
gallery_3638_682_30741.jpg
gallery_3638_682_17746.jpg
gallery_3638_682_979.jpg

its good to see more boats and members showing up. i saw people from indy, valapraiso, syracuse, celina , st marys, delphos, and others i probably missed. NIRCBOATS WAS THERE ALSO. THEY ARE GOING TO have A 1ST TIME BOAT RACE AT HOBART INDIANA THIS YEAR. GOOD NEWS! it is being put on by the indy club at the hobart site. funny how you meet someone and until they fess up ther "name" here, you dont realize who they are. good to see them attending.

You noticed that too huh? Karen had her Margaritaville SS 21 there again along with some others that were in the show last year.It's not Toledo but they probably like to have the tables filled.

lol!!!!!! Ya I'm going to try to get a coat of crossfire clear on it this week..If not next week for sure..Joe did pickup me a hanger9 glowstarter for 3.00.. It works but the gage doesnt.. :( Was wondering if they sell the gage part?If not I'll get a new one and keep the other as a stand by..Some how I lost two of my rechargable glowstarters two years ago.
great detail on this boat, working canard and tail , lots of thought on this one, GOOD JOB!!

I hope those mods work.. you would think if they work on the full scale/real one,they should work on the smaller scale...well you forgot StMary's too on your people that showed up to the show.. That where we're from.Very impressed with your zip kit hydro..A true work of art.. You even done it to my favorite team too,Go Steelers!!!lol!!!!now that getting wanting to get the miss unlimited and build it...might do somthing different with it.. Like making a enclosed cannapie on it.. I drawn a pic of what it would look like and man it looks cool.Some what like a space ship looks to it..hey I got to be different,that me.

Back