Free FASST Receiver Deal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bill, were in the ad does it say 3pm. or did you mean 3pk, went through this with my lhs monday when i order my 3pm.

thanks joe :D

wow, that was close, after joe told me, i about called my lhs and threw a fit :angry: . i told joe no thats wrong, but he wanted to argue, so i win! :p

thanks bill :D

tim

Why would they not include the 3pm?

They just about give that away as it is, so I guess they are trying to motivate sales on the higher end radios!.

I've got both and they are both (3PM & 4PK) great radios. The 3PM does just about everything you would ever need to do. The 4PK has more memories and allows you to play with a lot of other features, mixes, etc. Mostly applies to car use however.

now if they would just bring the 4pk price down out of the stratosphere, we might have something

They do seem to love those radios, don't they??

I have no explanation why you can buy a 10 channel 10C with a 6014 RX for only $100 more than the 4PK.

But there it is!!

Maybe that had to work extra hard on the surface applications?? :unsure:

They do seem to love those radios, don't they?? I have no explanation why you can buy a 10 channel 10C with a 6014 RX for only $100 more than the 4PK.

But there it is!!

Maybe that had to work extra hard on the surface applications?? :unsure:
And surface applications are most important for us! mainly the ones on water. thanx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an FYI - Futaba is offering a special deal through the end of April. Buy one of the selected FASST systems and get a second receiver for FREE with it:
http://www.futaba-rc.com/promos/fut-free-rx-0209.html

The 3PK and 4PK are included.
Bill

The 3PK comes with a 603FS receiver and the 3PM comes with a 603FF receiver. I know this has been kicked about before but I am still confused as to which is the one to use in a boat. I understand the FS has two antennas and the FF has one. I know the vertical and horizontal polarity problems with an airplane but if my boat has that problem it is going over backwards.

How about the longer antenna option that Don Ferrette mentioned? I would appreciate your inputs.

Mercguy

BillThe 3PK comes with a 603FS receiver and the 3PM comes with a 603FF receiver. I know this has been kicked about before but I am still confused as to which is the one to use in a boat. I understand the FS has two antennas and the FF has one. I know the vertical and horizontal polarity problems with an airplane but if my boat has that problem it is going over backwards.

How about the longer antenna option that Don Ferrette mentioned? I would appreciate your inputs.

Mercguy
To be honest I have both types of receivers and I cannot tell you that one works better than the other. I am now tending towards using the 603FS simply because I figure that for an extra $10 the second internal antenna can't hurt me!! But once my boats are set up I forget which receiver is in which boat and I have yet to have any issues with either one.

The "longer" antenna is not really a longer antenna. It is the standard antenna on the end of a longer piece of shielded coaxial cable which does nothing to increase reception strength. Its purpose is to allow you to get the antenna up and out of a very large hull. Futaba is very strong with their recommendation to have the antenna outside the hull in a vertical orientation. Despite the many reports of success with the antenna inside the box, I still get mine up and out. For those that want to keep it inside the box I recommend that at the very least they get the bare wire end, which is the actual antenna, in a vertical orientation.

I hope that helps.

BillThe 3PK comes with a 603FS receiver and the 3PM comes with a 603FF receiver. I know this has been kicked about before but I am still confused as to which is the one to use in a boat. I understand the FS has two antennas and the FF has one. I know the vertical and horizontal polarity problems with an airplane but if my boat has that problem it is going over backwards.

Mercguy
To be honest I have both types of receivers and I cannot tell you that one works better than the other. I am now tending towards using the 603FS simply because I figure that for an extra $10 the second internal antenna can't hurt me!! But once my boats are set up I forget which receiver is in which boat and I have yet to have any issues with either one.

The "longer" antenna is not really a longer antenna. It is the standard antenna on the end of a longer piece of shielded coaxial cable which does nothing to increase reception strength. Its purpose is to allow you to get the antenna up and out of a very large hull. Futaba is very strong with their recommendation to have the antenna outside the hull in a vertical orientation. Despite the many reports of success with the antenna inside the box, I still get mine up and out. For those that want to keep it inside the box I recommend that at the very least they get the bare wire end, which is the actual antenna, in a vertical orientation.

I hope that helps.
Do you have a part # on the "longer" antenna? What does it take to change it?Thanks,

Zach

Here are the part numbers for both antennas:

HSP79493 ANT 150MM retail price $8.20

HSP79766 ANT BOAT ONLY 400MM $12.13

And again, the longer antenna has no more gain than the "short" one. It just has a longer section of coaxial cable on it to allow it to get outside a big hull.

Here are the part numbers for both antennas:

HSP79493 ANT 150MM retail price $8.20

HSP79766 ANT BOAT ONLY 400MM $12.13

And again, the longer antenna has no more gain than the "short" one. It just has a longer section of coaxial cable on it to allow it to get outside a big hull.
Great, thank you for in the information.

Zach

Mercguy

I hope that helps.
Thanks guys for the info. It is greatly appreciated.

Mercguy

Just ordered the 4PK from tower. What areas of this radio should I be concerned with in operation of 3.5 & 7.5 tunnels. After looking at the manual on line, I think I need to take a computer class :blink: :blink: :lol: !

John

Latest posts

Back