Forum ideas......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it would be a donate or sponsor thing..... but i'm still trying to keep it free....

i just need to get the conversion to work..... maybe we just need to come up with the $85 for the conversion and host it ourself?

Hi Guys

Gary's (GTR) other half here (you know the bank manager-lol) ;) . I have just been reading this post and if I reading this correctly all you need to some kind person or business to fund (donate/sponsor) the software upgrade which is a one off payment of $85USD is that right.

Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers

Sharon

i'm going to have some phone calls tonight with the forum "big wigs" to get more input on what we should do.

it would be $85 to have the forum professionaly converted. i have it partially converted:

http://new.intlwaters.com/ipb

Hello,

I'm new to this board, but thought I coment on this. I am a member of an atv club that has a message board, on that board we have a "treasure chest" used for donations to keep the board going. With about 100 members on that board donating $1-$10 when they had the spare change to give, the chest filled up enough to keep the board alive for a 1 year in less than 3 months time. It was set up using Paypal. I think this would be a better solution than charging an actual membership fee to use the board, since most new people refuse to pay just to "check out" a board. Also there are too many free forums around the web for people to run off to if you started charging. The ATV board now has 353 members last time I checked, has pre-paid for 1 year service (ezboard gold service) and still has $123 left in the chest towards next year.

Just my 2 cents

P.S. I really like reading this board, lots of good information for us newbies just getting into the sport.

John

wait.... i must have explained myself poorly.... its not a per person thing it's a total per month charged by the forum host.... for everybody not individually..... and i still hope to keep it free.... although it looks like the conversion i might need help with :(

ok ok ok... so your saying you can cover the monthly fees, what you need help with is the up front cost to convert?

if that's the case i would be happy to help.. i think i can do $10 maybe $15 do you accept paypal or personal check??

I understood what you were saying Tom, I was just passing on what I saw working for the other board, as an option. I think it would be great for this board to be able to self sufficient, paying for itself. I don't believe it would be fair for you to be paying the monthly fee's out of your own pocket, to keep it going by yourself, if other's are willing to donate freely whenever they can. That could also lead to extra funds in reserve the future ready if things need to be upgraded again. ;D

Hey im in, Just tell me How much and were to send it.

I like to go to this board and i do go to Jims as i have gas boats also. Feel theres much nicer guys here, theres quite a few that go from both.

Besides, A 10-20 a person, come on guys, We wouldnt of had our Kalamazoo, and Toledo run ALL TOUGHER without this board, Now there was some fun, I have had a blast both times out and this last time, there was alot of people there. Even people from Jims came out. It was a nice time and would really like to see this board go on.

Toms been busting his ass on this board for us, the least we can do is all chip in(if needed) and help out.

we are all addicted to this board, isnt 10 bucks worth the addiction? Cheepest addiction you will ever be on.

IW Sticker, 5 bucks a peice, someone get some made up, and im sure we will all have them on our boats, theres another thing to think about.

Or IW Teeshirts.

I See jims is doing shirts.

There are plenty of ways to raise money. Most of us that all post and talk and add, and joke, we all are in with this board.

Something fer all to think about

Tom

Guy's,

I talked to Tom today on the phone, And he is stressed to the max, he is a very modest dude that like's to figure things out, but he is stumped.

And it really bugs him to ask for money. I told him that the active members would be happy to pitch in and help, just set something up, Paypal acct or what ever, sell ad space or shirts, stickers.

And as usuall, you are sayin just what I knew ya would ;)

So set something up Tommie boy and lets get this show on the road!!!! ;D

Gene 8)

O'l Grimmy has kicked in three months sponsership already, also a KEWL idea ;D

Shot from the new board:

Count me in for two months at $10 per month.

... and that's just for openers.

Just got off the phone with Tom M. - I told him the same that Gene (slideblues) did - Go for it, professionally. We'll all support it.

I'll chip in too.

New board looks sweet.

When are we likely to switch over and will the old www.intlwaters.com URL work?

Tim.

Tom, I'm sure that there are lot of users here that have cottage business or make parts for RC boats, how about a silent auction from donations made from them?

I'm down for a donation either way. After all, your partly responsible for this addiction when you posted your rigger plans long ago! ;)

I'm in for a donation. I like this board and am willing to help out. How about this-- I will pickup the $85.00 conversion fee. Tom e-mail me and let me know where to send the money to and it's on it's way.

[email protected]

Larry Larson

I have a buddy that knows coding quite well but I am not sure what he knows about forums. I will talk to him when I get a chance and maybe he can help out. Otherwise if needed I don't mind chipping in.

Well Tom, while I can't be much help on the computer end, you can count on me for anything else that would help take some pressure off of you and keep this forum going.

Actually, why don't we just have the Gods take care of it! ;D ;D ;D

"OH NO" One more post and I'm one of those! : :)

Well, this "GOD" will be more than happy to put up some $$ to keep this great forum going.. As NitroToys pointed out, I wouldn't have had a chance to meet some great people (in person) and to run boats with them!!

Tom, setup a paypal account and watch the $$ flow in to help for support...

Mark..

The OB Nut...........

I'm very happy to see all the offers for support. I'm working on putting everything together so I get it right the first time.... look for the announcement in a few days.

Holy Cow larry..

covering the 85 smackers is big..very big..

You are indeed the Mad Alaskan...

Grimracer says....Three cheers for the Mad Alaskan...

Hip Hip ;D

Hip Hip ;D

Hip Hip ;D

We are a lucky bunch to have such good folks here at I waters..

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Back