Formula one....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
I seldom watch motor racing anymore...especially car stuff....its just become sorta boring to me, but i was watching some F1 qualifying this morning, and was AMAZED at the technology in the cars and the support systems that go with them....the tracks look almost perfect, and the in car video cams make the whole deal look almost like some kind of video game....just INCREDIBLE!

They are amazing machines- the money involved is off the chain stupid-and the crew sizes are crazy, but the cars are bad azz. I cant believe my boy Hamilton threw it away on his last Q-lap - Dooooh
default_sleep.png

F1, Who could forget the Lauda/Hunt battles of the mid 70's

The shreak of Niki's Ferrari 312T is still in my head.

Bikes, add Eddie Lawson to the mix
default_wink.png

Gene

A few weeks ago Sebastian Vettel was driving an "old" Ferrari, with hand shift.......he had some difficulties driving it.....

Today the cars are more worth than drivers skills.....

Different breed of drivers for sure.......

The new cars are so techno, displays on the wheel, aero bizzaro front ends, telementary systems back to the crew.

If I heard right smaller V-6 engines this year too,

Gene

Pic edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
V6 Turbo's. The biggest complaint this year is the unique high rev engine noise is gone and the new engines sound horrible. It's all about aero. There's No traction control or ABS like most people think. I think the use of hybrid technology in the cars make more interesting also.

Back