For Sale Shipping USA or Not what is it?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Moore

Was looking for support for a new title in the FOR SALE section that supports people posting there that will ship to almost anywhere. I know of the problems that ppl have had is the past. ( lost items, people not putting the true value on there items etc) but if its insured or trackable and people put the right value on it then even a gift value item (or at least in Canada) will be refunded) Gettin tired of the only in the lower / upper what ever.OR Maybe someone has a better idea? Would be nice for us outside of the USA to look in a (Forsale) title to see that we have a chance to even buy it.Anyone with me on this?

Jeff

Jeff I could only imagine how bad that would suck to see something you really like and not be able to take advantage of it... I'm with you on this one ... Maybe I should start up a middle man market!!! Sounds risky though.... After all this is International waters correct?

find yourself a middle man. I help out my Aussie friends when I have time/can. You just need to find someone else that is willing to pass the package on. Of course, at YOUR cost.

I have shipped over seas many times. there is no problem doing this just takes extra time to fill out the form.

You have to go to the post office to mail most things any way so what is the big deal all about? :huh:

I think most just need some thing to complain about. :rolleyes:

David

Rod why a middle man does he have bigger shoulders. Sorry bro know what you mean Really? Maybe there is no trust in the insurance on a package in the US. Not Sure> All i know is if i pay for insurance on a pack and its does not arrive> Is there a problem ? Has there been a problem? Need some input from the US side

No. But its pretty simple really. People dont like doing all that extra paper work. Custom forms can be confusing if you havnt a clue what your doing. Its just that simple I have a feeling.

I as well have had to find a 'middle man' as you call it. For me it's just anther mailing address.

What I don't understand is the big issue of sending something to Canada. I have sent tons of stuff to the US and lost nothing,. Same postal services, same countries just going the opposite directions without issue. I see many posts as lower 48, cont US only, and so on.

I won't ship to Italy again but I was forewarned of that one and still took the chance. 3 months later the parcel arrived after some bad blood with the buyer. Does "no International" mean Canada as well. It makes me feel as we are totally alienated. I guess there are those that are still pissed over that skirmish in York. LOL

Is it just a (i don't want to thing) anyone( dwilfong)> If it is then its back to a place on IW i believe>Seems that many times i have see this issue on here

Jeff

It all comes down to if you want it shipped and you don't want Ins or tracking(if available)and it gets lost it is the buyers problem.

If it is Ins and it was miss valued at the buyers choice to avoid taxes it is his problem.

If you take a risk accepted the consequences.

Not really that hard to understand.

The forms aren't that hard to fill out. A 12 year old could do it.

You can figure out how to build and run a R/C boat but can't figure out a form. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will ship any where It takes an extra 15-20 min to do so.at most

I have seen deals go down on here and Rodney step rite in the middle of it and offer to help some one out

ive shipped to many countries ( australia, netherlands, thailand, portugal, canada ) and this is just a few. with no problem. it does take alittle extra time to fill out the customs form. but all of my buyers seem to understand what it takes to get a package out. and i ship large boxes. anyway i dont see the problem. ill be happy to be a middle man if someone needs it

Dan hutchinson (cobra tunnel boats)

Friends, I also ship all over the world. I do require the buyer to either pay for insurance or accept the responsibility of it getting lost in First Class.

Kevin, yes you can print out the USPS postage and custom forms on line for most countires. Some you have to do at the PO. Also, some countries either do not offer insurance or limit the amount of insurance. Again, I always confirm with the customer that they will take the responsibility.

Glenn

Well I live in Alaska and deal with the lower 48 issue allot. Whats funny is that the USPS offers the FLAT RATE service to all 50 States for the same price, not all things will fit but lots will. Here's the hot tip with the USPS use DELIVERY CONFIRMATION, costs less than a buck in most cases but its a great value. The PO scans that label numerous times on its way to its destination and they or you can look on a computer to see where it's at. The PO developed the system several years ago to compete with UPS to get business with LL Bean, it works. Yes I did work for the PO. I have also purchased some engines from Aussie people with no problems. Tim

We are shipping everywhere in the world from UK and there are a few countries where you have to use a tracked or insured service although 90% of countries are no problem and we ship standard airmail to them.

FYI the countries where you must use tracked are Italy, Malta, Greece, Turkey, Israel,Cyprus, all South American and all Russian or former Russian states. France and Spain are also risky in some areas. No reflection on the people in those countries, lets just say there may be security issues in their postal departments.

I live in FRANCE it's been years since I order and buy pieces, boats ... to stores or to individuals and I've never had a problem. I always ask for a tracking number.

I ordered from Andy Brown, Bob FERGUSON, rockectcity, offshore electric, Hyperformence, ZIPPKITS .... I bought a Crapshooter 1989 and a member of the forum ... never a problem. I may be lucky, not lost packages, no problems with sellers.

I give all my information and I pay everything in advance I accept the conditions. but I understand that it is more complicated sellers deliver internationally.

this is just my experience return.

....................................................CHRIS..................................

my only issue when shipping outside the usa is most people i have delt with want me to send it the cheapest way.. right toy boat parts on it and hope and pray for the best..

i am done doing that. if you need something or want it fine. but myself will no longer send it CHEAP. if it get damaged whos on the hook? me or you. i can see both sides of the arguement. People want to haggle on freight everyday.. They do it at my business. Facts are freight cost are going up every yr. It will not go back down. So we either need to charge accordingly.. OR send it cheap and if it don't make it.. so be it.

just my opinon

chris

I ship around the world without too much trouble. I prefer to use the Post Office. If it is a big box, then it must go by UPS or FedEx and then the cost is high. There is not much we can do about the cost or quality of service, but when something is shipped to another country, both sides have to be patient. I received a package this year mailed from Italy in August and received in October. I once mailed a package to Russia that arrived within a week. Who knows why?

You must be willing to accept the higher costs and be patient about the time frame.

Al Hobbs

Thank you everyone for your input. Guess it would be just nice to have more people have the attitude of selling to where ever at the buyers expense. Here in Canada i ship everything as a gift but put full value on it for insurance reasons. If it comes from the US then everything is good as far as customs and all the other crap they try to stick you with when shipped as a gift.. Anyway hope this might turn into something possitive and or maybe even have a seperate for sale section as first stated. Thanks again for the input.

Jeff

my only issue when shipping outside the usa is most people i have delt with want me to send it the cheapest way.. right toy boat parts on it and hope and pray for the best..

i am done doing that. if you need something or want it fine. but myself will no longer send it CHEAP. if it get damaged whos on the hook? me or you. i can see both sides of the arguement. People want to haggle on freight everyday.. They do it at my business. Facts are freight cost are going up every yr. It will not go back down. So we either need to charge accordingly.. OR send it cheap and if it don't make it.. so be it.

just my opinon

chris
Good post Chris,

I too would not compromise cost verses protection. Kinda like using saran wrap for birth control. Lol I say... do whatever you need to cover your butt. No different than you should do in your own country. No lower cost declaration, cheap shipping without insurance, or taking a chance where you could chance to lose. Tell the buyer (where ever he lives) you will send his package and "this" is what it will cost. The rest is up to him. What I don't like to hear is... "It's a choice" or "I won't ship there because" with very little support for the reasoning. What does it take to fill out a few forms for a fellow boater? Lets help each other out and not live in the past. Hopefully we're all in this together and want to promote the hobby. Or not?

Ron

Back