• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale - 1968 Miss Eagle Electric

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Well after lots and lots of thought I've decided to put my '68 Miss Eagle Electric 1/8 scale up for sale. This boat will be sold turn key ready to run right down to the prop minus only RX/TX and includes separate race cowl and race dummy engine. The two race pieces are real nice like the Concours cowl & dummy engine in pics just not as detailed (battery went dead on camera will add those pics tomorrow). The hull is an epoxy/glass MTO and Mike Schindler made the extra race cowl (exact copy) for the boat. The Eagle is awesome and the pics really do not do it justice, in the sun the colors are stunning and equally beautiful out on the water. There are numerous people here on I/W who have seen this boat up close and can vouch for how incredible it looks in person. Highly detailed as can be seen in the pics this boat is a true Concours winning build but don't let that fool you, it's got plenty of speed and the handling to back up it's good looks. Fitted with CMB 67 greenie, OS9B carb with 3rd channel OS needle, Muck pipe, Rum Racing muffler, also includes the black AB67 pipe as well. All Futaba top line servos in 2 custom built radio boxes with 2150mah 6V nimh pack. Hardware includes SpeedMaster strut, CMDi scale rudder and Tyndall turn fin all polished to a mirror finish. Custom Walt Barney SS tank mounted at CG, Woods shaft oiler and CMDi prepped 1457/3 prop, even the custom embroidered double lined fleece cover with elastic bottom and Concours pic for judging is included. There are lots of pics that were taken during the countless hours I spent on the build which can be e-mailed to those who might be interested. This boat is like new, has very low time on it, meticulously cared for and is as nice as they get, no disappointments here. $1750 complete plus shipping and of course insurance. Here is a link to the pics I just posted in my gallery- https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1059

Any questions please feel free to contact me directly. B)

BTW- I will most likely also have this boat on display for sale at the SpringNats next weekend, buy it there and save the shipping costs. :D

SOLD to Glenn. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after lots and lots of thought I've decided to put my '68 Miss Eagle Electric 1/8 scale up for sale. This boat will be sold turn key ready to run right down to the prop minus only RX/TX and includes separate race cowl and race dummy engine. The two race pieces are real nice like the Concours cowl & dummy engine in pics just not as detailed (battery went dead on camera will add those pics tomorrow). The hull is an epoxy/glass MTO and Mike Schindler made the extra race cowl (exact copy) for the boat. The Eagle is awesome and the pics really do not do it justice, in the sun the colors are stunning and equally beautiful out on the water. There are numerous people here on I/W who have seen this boat up close and can vouch for how incredible it looks in person. Highly detailed as can be seen in the pics this boat is a true Concours winning build but don't let that fool you, it's got plenty of speed and the handling to back up it's good looks. Fitted with CMB 67 greenie, OS9B carb with 3rd channel OS needle, Muck pipe, Rum Racing muffler, also includes the black AB67 pipe as well. All Futaba top line servos in 2 custom built radio boxes with 2150mah 6V nimh pack. Hardware includes SpeedMaster strut, CMDi scale rudder and Tyndall turn fin all polished to a mirror finish. Custom Walt Barney SS tank mounted at CG, Woods shaft oiler and CMDi prepped 1457/3 prop, even the custom embroidered double lined fleece cover with elastic bottom and Concours pic for judging is included. There are lots of pics that were taken during the countless hours I spent on the build which can be e-mailed to those who might be interested. This boat is like new, has very low time on it, meticulously cared for and is as nice as they get, no disappointments here. $1750 complete plus shipping and of course insurance. Here is a link to the pics I just posted in my gallery- https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1059Any questions please feel free to contact me directly. B)

BTW- I will most likely also have this boat on display for sale at the SpringNats next weekend, buy it there and save the shipping costs. :D
NICE BOAT DON!

I have launched this scale, definitely a "White Glove" job done by Don. B) B) What's next???????? I know you have the hull already!!!! :D :D

don's not stretching the truth here, this boat is beautiful!!!!! and fast............ B)

Hey Don, that is an amazing boat, looks like a lot of time and love went into it,sorry you are selling it. i am sure the next guy will be thrilled to death to

own and drive it. good luck,mike.

What's next???????? I know you have the hull already!!!! :D :D

Yea Don, whats next???

Jeff

Don is going to build a .12 twin rigger for the Sept. race in Hobart. :D :D :D

JK Don,,,,,,,,,,,,,

carl

"What's next???????? I know you have the hull already!!!!"

Not yet but soon. However there is a good chance that particular hull might get powered in a somewhat unconventional form, I'm giving it serious thought......... B)

"I did see a carbon SJ nib on ebay last week or did he buy the t-4 that was on here. Heck he might even have sprung for a Joe Moceri hull..........SPILL IT DONNY"

Actually that was a new Caspari carbon Tide hull that someone got real cheap, about 1/2 what it was worth but it wasn't me. And no, didn't buy the T-4, just sold the one I had in primer stage a couple months back. Didn't get a hull from Joe M. either but his stuff sure looks nice. :)

The Miss Eagle Electric is an awesome boat for sure with alot of hours of planning and building going into it. I only recently gave thought to selling it and that is to help finance the possible "alternative fuel" boat that may be next on the build table scale wise. I also dropped the price to $1750 turn key and after one person asked if I'd sell it no motor or pipe I'm giving that some thought too but I'd hate to break up such a good combo that is race ready. ;)

And FWIW there is a scale in the stable just about ready for the beginning of the '09 season. All I'll say for now is wood is good. :D

Alternative fuel, as in the same as a certain special cat we saw run last July, Don? I KNEW you couldn't stand it, I was about to ask when you were building the new scale that day but you beat me to the punch! Now the question is which hull, is Peter building you a 1/6 scale SJ?

Jeff Lee

Well it seems our I/W gallery is having "issues" again, I can't upload any additional pics so here are the race cowl and dummy motor shots. The race cowl is less detailed with things like simpler decals for gauges but is finished just as well as the Concours cowl. The race dummy motor is a much lighter version made from a hand carved foam block that was 'glassed over then the foam was melted out with acetone. This resulted in a very lightweight piece that still completely covers the engine well. If you look closely at one of the pics you can see the large "ram air" openings on the front of the cylinder head just below the valve cover to supply plenty of fresh air. There is one on each side that are actually tubes that go well past the carb location so even if you run through a wall of water whatever wet stuff might get ingested will wind up far behind the motor. The race cowling is vented at both the rear of the cowl with openings designed to draw hot air out and also under the dash in front of the driver. Like I said previously, much thought was put into this build resulting in a top notch race boat. B)

Add me to the list of the people giving rave reviews about this boat. It's absolutely amazing. Here's a shot of it in action:

P1010378.jpg

ANYONE who is even thinking about getting a new 1/8 scale should take a good hard look at this one.

It is a great boat and the finish is perfection at the least..........................

the boat is a great running unit and will leave just about anything behind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

you can't go wrong if you want a great looking and running Scale

Carl

Well after lots and lots of thought I've decided to put my '68 Miss Eagle Electric 1/8 scale up for sale. This boat will be sold turn key ready to run right down to the prop minus only RX/TX and includes separate race cowl and race dummy engine. The two race pieces are real nice like the Concours cowl & dummy engine in pics just not as detailed (battery went dead on camera will add those pics tomorrow). The hull is an epoxy/glass MTO and Mike Schindler made the extra race cowl (exact copy) for the boat. The Eagle is awesome and the pics really do not do it justice, in the sun the colors are stunning and equally beautiful out on the water. There are numerous people here on I/W who have seen this boat up close and can vouch for how incredible it looks in person. Highly detailed as can be seen in the pics this boat is a true Concours winning build but don't let that fool you, it's got plenty of speed and the handling to back up it's good looks. Fitted with CMB 67 greenie, OS9B carb with 3rd channel OS needle, Muck pipe, Rum Racing muffler, also includes the black AB67 pipe as well. All Futaba top line servos in 2 custom built radio boxes with 2150mah 6V nimh pack. Hardware includes SpeedMaster strut, CMDi scale rudder and Tyndall turn fin all polished to a mirror finish. Custom Walt Barney SS tank mounted at CG, Woods shaft oiler and CMDi prepped 1457/3 prop, even the custom embroidered double lined fleece cover with elastic bottom and Concours pic for judging is included. There are lots of pics that were taken during the countless hours I spent on the build which can be e-mailed to those who might be interested. This boat is like new, has very low time on it, meticulously cared for and is as nice as they get, no disappointments here. $1750 complete plus shipping and of course insurance. Here is a link to the pics I just posted in my gallery- https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1059Any questions please feel free to contact me directly. B)

What type of paint? Is the color #, the same as the 69' Pak (rigger)? How much does it weigh RTR? This may be a nice 'sister-ship' to the 69' Pak.... and put another contender in the Round-Nose series out West.

DJ

What type of paint? Is the color #, the same as the 69' Pak (rigger)? How much does it weigh RTR? This may be a nice 'sister-ship' to the 69' Pak.... and put another contender in the Round-Nose series out West.
DJ
No surprises here- PPG Concepts acrylic urethane colors on PPG DP48LF white epoxy base. DCC61658 Light Persimmon Metallic.

DCC33731 Silver Metallic

DCC9300 Black

DCC2021 Clear

Weight RTR -

with Concours cowl & dummy engine- 15 pounds 1 ounce

with race cowl & dummy engine 14 pounds 11 ounces

B)

Latest posts

Back