First rigger race at the Cape Model Boat Club !

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapeTown73

Hi all,

We finally had our first race day at CMBC with three JAE.21's and it was very exciting. The video link below shows the second heat (unfortunately my Rossi died at the launch but the other two boats (both with Novarossi's), were running well (by our standards !). The number two boat (which I built for my friend Grant), was leading this heat right up to about 20 meters to go on the last lap when his engine stopped (we think it may have been running too lean). Gerald (boat number 1), won the heat. We decided to run 10 lap heats around buoys 1, 4 and 5 of our normal 'M' shaped course. Cant wait to finish my JAE gas rigger build. I may have it running by our next race on 4 Sept. Riggers are fantastic !

Hello my friend Wennie,

this video is fantastic, congratulations for all, you, Gerald and Grant.

Best Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

That was great, you guys look like your having a blast!!!!!!!!
wink.gif
cool.gif

Wennie, that is GREAT! Looks like your friends boats are running really nice. Are those the T21M motors you guys got from me awhile back? Post some more one day with your's running!

That is a beautiful pond. I may have to come run with you guys one day!

Glenn

Hi Glenn

Yes it is the 2 engine/pipe combo's I bought from you a while ago. They are really running great and very reliable.

We'll post some more or have a look at our club home page

You are very welcome to come run with us anytime ...

Gerald

Wennie, that is GREAT! Looks like your friends boats are running really nice. Are those the T21M motors you guys got from me awhile back? Post some more one day with your's running!

That is a beautiful pond. I may have to come run with you guys one day!

Glenn
Hello Glen, nice to hear from you ! Yes these two NR engines are your T21M motors (and the pipes)that you supplied recently and they are running just great. They have run beautifully from day one. I have had some issues with my Rossi that have caused me to have many launches ending with a dead engine. However, I do believe we have found the cause and I have made some changes to the engine which I will test this Saturday. My son took the video and he will more than likely take some more on 4 September, hopefully with my Rossi also running well.

Yes, we do have a nice pond. We can run every day of the week as it's just outside the city in the wine estate countryside. You can see more info on our club at www.cmbc.co.za and you would be very wellcome to visit us if you ever decided to travel to our country.

Cheers till next time,

Wennie.

Wennie,

Some new propellers are on the way.

Thanks For The Pictures and Video,

Mark Sholund

thanks shoboat

atleast now I know what those 2 are up to :) (I won that heat)
Hey Gerald,

Your prop was definately working better than ours on the last race day, now we should at least have the same speed as you ! In fact unless your prop is a Showboat prop, we may just pull away from you ! As grant said at the last race day " Real men race riggers ! " Hope the weather plays along with us.

Cheers,

Winnie,

I added a few more to your order to try: ABC H-5 and a H-6.

Gerald is in trouble now, let him try them also, I have more. :D

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Winnie,

I added a few more to your order to try: ABC H-5 and a H-6.

Gerald is in trouble now, let him try them also, I have more. :D

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund
Good morning Mark,

It’s just gone 08:30 Saturday morning here so it’s around midnight in the US.

Wow, I am so grateful for your kindness with the additional props and I will ensure that all the success we have with them, is attributed to your props and excellent service.

Gerald is a very good friend and I will let him have a practice run or two with these props on his rigger, but for the next race day I need to have any advantage I can have to catch up some championship points on him. But I know he will probably be in touch with you soon :D  In fact we are blessed with great friendship and camaraderie between all our club members!

I was planning to do some testing this morning with my rigger but the weather is wet and very windy the whole weekend so I have to wait.

Thanks again for your much appreciated gesture with the ABC props !

Cheers till next time and I'll keep you informed with our testing,

Back