First Annual Nitro Winter Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have talked to several who wanted to attend this race, but most of the popular classes are already closed.
default_sad.png

Looks like a Winter Nitro race in Florida could pull in 300 boats. It would have to be a three day event.

Next year maybe?
default_smile.png

Nitro is NOT dead!
default_smile.png
Have them get on the Wait List as people typically drop out in some measure, as you know.
The "Wait List" is great for local racers.
Dang B hydro was full was hoping to run my new eagle at this race I entered C hydro.I dont know if my HDR 65 will be ready.
Ken, use the waiting list...believe me you'll want to be a part of it...class is WHITE HOT!!!
How dose one get on waiting list

I have talked to several who wanted to attend this race, but most of the popular classes are already closed.
default_sad.png

Looks like a Winter Nitro race in Florida could pull in 300 boats. It would have to be a three day event.

Next year maybe?
default_smile.png

Nitro is NOT dead!
default_smile.png
Have them get on the Wait List as people typically drop out in some measure, as you know.
The "Wait List" is great for local racers.
Dang B hydro was full was hoping to run my new eagle at this race I entered C hydro.I dont know if my HDR 65 will be ready.
Ken, use the waiting list...believe me you'll want to be a part of it...class is WHITE HOT!!!
How dose one get on waiting list
PM Marty Davis..

It will be a Great Race...... Lot of Great Competition!!! Typically the Weather will be 60-70s. Water Temps will be 60s. Plenty of Great Food to Eat & Places for the Family to Visit. Always fun to come down Early & Do Universal Studios at Orlando or Visit Don Gartlis Museum or Visit Daytona SuperSpeedway... This Race Date is Normally around days after the NASCAR Media Nite that opens the 2015 NASCAR Racing Season.......
I got a sneek peek at somebodies new Hot Rod.
default_cool.png

Easy Rider ...trying to Get away from the HOOLIGANS!!!!

BUT with JOKER at Throttles...all bets are off!!

Launch at your OWN RISK!!!!
default_blink.png
default_wink.png
default_ohmy.png
default_biggrin.png
default_ph34r.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We already have people on the Waiting List. We are at 192 boats with scheduled heats of 142. We can do this easily without weather problems. There is still 1 class that has not made but 10 of the 17 classes are full with people on the waiting list.

All the class sponsorships are SOLD OUT so we have $850 to go toward the race in addition to the Entries. If anyone wants to just donate to the race, we would be happy to apply any funds directly to the race. Both clubs have said that they want to apply ALL FUNDS to the race in the form of trophies, awards, etc. We have reached out to manufacturers and suppliers of hobby supplies and will have numerous prizes that may be raffled or used as special prizes.

This race is shaping up as a Premier Event that you will be very happy you attended. If you didn't get entered, get yourself on the wait list by sending an email to [email protected] with the word Wait List in the Subject. I will get you on the list and let you know as soon as there is a spot for you.

Looking forward to this special race......

And all he saw from that point on was transom opening away.

My money is on Rick - Robert. He has a couple of heats under his belt. BOHICA !!!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Put your rain goggles on you will need them when following my boat
default_tongue.png
Enclosed cockpit,,,, I'll drive right through the roostertail and around your outside... To put you a LAP DOWN
Will rubber boots be enough for this race or should I bring my chest waders???
default_laugh.png

Don your chest waders EVERY time you come to look at this thread.

If ya wait till the race it will be too late. The BS will be over by then

Put your rain goggles on you will need them when following my boat
default_tongue.png
Enclosed cockpit,,,, I'll drive right through the roostertail and around your outside... To put you a LAP DOWN
Will rubber boots be enough for this race or should I bring my chest waders???
default_laugh.png
Don your chest waders EVERY time you come to look at this thread.

If ya wait till the race it will be too late. The BS will be over by then
Lmao

Hey Doug,

You know I'll be wanting pics of that. Hang around RB and you'll need a full dry suit and external O2 feed to air tight mask. If you two need to get bailed out - Give me a call. Har, Har !!! CHEERS!!! Bob.

Guys just looking over the list of classes and the numbers for such as A,B,C and X man this is going to be fun

Guys just looking over the list of classes and the numbers for such as A,B,C and X man this is going to be fun
ABSOLUTELY!

I think if they would allow one more heat of Sport 45 hydro it would help bring a few more 1/8 Scales too!

Drop the only two boats that are entered in Nitro Offshore and the number of heats will be the same.

The two boats entered in Nitro offshore are running in X mono also, so they still get to race their boats.

ABSOLUTELY!

I think if they would allow one more heat of Sport 45 hydro it would help bring a few more 1/8 Scales too!

Drop the only two boats that are entered in Nitro Offshore and the number of heats will be the same.

The two boats entered in Nitro offshore are running in X mono also, so they still get to race their boats.

Good suggestion, Sport 40 now has another heat and nitro offshore has been scratched from lack of interest. We will see if it makes a difference and a few more Sport 40's enter. When we started this race we wanted to let people tell us what they wanted to run. I talked to a typical nitro offshore runner yesterday and he said he wasn't going to run it so we will sample to see if some more Sport 40's enter and maybe even tweak things a little more as we see the classes that make and those that don't. We are at capacity for total number of heats, so in order for a new heat for a class, we will have to see a class not make.

If more people indicate that they want to enter Nitro Offshore, post and let us know so that we can tailor the race to the classes you want to run.

The wait list will be useful in deciding which classes to add a heat. If people don't pay at the deadline, then those people on the wait list will be inserted into the race. The deadline for payment is January 2nd.

This race's entry has surpassed all expectations. We are having another meeting to refine the details of the race some more. You will hear some really neat plans for things the clubs will provide as well as some idea of prizes and awards. The clubs plan to exceed your expectations greatly.

Updates will be made as we refine the race details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back