First 20 Stock "Kneeler" Hydroplane Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dick.
I read last year on Hydroracer.com about your unfortunate accident. Hope you are fully recovered. Are you planning on racing the real ... oh ... I mean the full size boat again or are you sticking with the toys? B)

Am I allowed to call them toys Mic or is that politically incorrect? LOL

I know of many racers who have made the switch from full size to the toys. I guess there are only a few of us who went the other direction.
Hi Randy,

My arm movement is getting better, but I still have a lot of numbness in my right thumb, arm and shoulder. I'm not able to use a file right now, which makes it tough to shape turn fins. The titanium plate holding my neck together limits my neck movement. Don't think I'll be getting in any big boats anymore ( wife says I won't ), but I will get it going again and put Matt d'Agostino back in it. I am just starting to get back in the shop to see what I can and can't do.

Hope things are well with you.

Dick

Hi Dick.

Atleast you can say you gave it a try even though things went a little sour. I'm much like you ... my dad raced full size alky hydros in the 60's and 70's and I had a stocker that I did a lot of testing in but never did race. My dad and I did the RC thing for many years and now I'm going to give the full size boats a try. D HYDRO .... :eek: . I'll have to remember to let off the trottle once in a while. LOL.

Good luck with the recovery.

Randy

1966_Laydown_Alky_2.jpg

Hi Dick. Atleast you can say you gave it a try even though things went a little sour. I'm much like you ... my dad raced full size alky hydros in the 60's and 70's and I had a stocker that I did a lot of testing in but never did race. My dad and I did the RC thing for many years and now I'm going to give the full size boats a try. D HYDRO .... :eek: . I'll have to remember to let off the trottle once in a while. LOL.

Randy
WOW! DSH,huh? I see people start out in most any class and not run into any problems. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for you. If you need a new boat built check with Scott Reed. He is around the Clayton, NY area. He builds some great B&H style hydros with composite sides.

Best of luck with the big boats.

Dick

Hi Dick. Atleast you can say you gave it a try even though things went a little sour. I'm much like you ... my dad raced full size alky hydros in the 60's and 70's and I had a stocker that I did a lot of testing in but never did race. My dad and I did the RC thing for many years and now I'm going to give the full size boats a try. D HYDRO .... :eek: . I'll have to remember to let off the trottle once in a while. LOL.

Randy
WOW! DSH,huh? I see people start out in most any class and not run into any problems. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for you. If you need a new boat built check with Scott Reed. He is around the Clayton, NY area. He builds some great B&H style hydros with composite sides.

Dick

Actually Scott is down in the albany area.. Just to let you know Randy the nationals this year are in New York

Randy

Dick
I must have been thinking about Scott's Dad.............I believe he's from that area. Sorry about "hijacking" your thread. I hope the kneeler hydros catch on out there, Jerry. THEY LOOK LIKE A LOT OF FUN!

Dick

Actually Scott is down in the albany area.. Just to let you know Randy the nationals this year are in New York

Back