Fe Rigger Test

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gil sonsino

We went to the lake for some prop tests pushing hard our toys.Well this is what happens in the Fe world ...blade of the prop came apart in the straight even been carefully treated.enjoy Gill

David We been testing different set ups from Leo,TPpower to Neu and Castle and SF esc's on 6S. Speeds from mid 80's to low 90's on gps and radar gun.Thanks Gill

Prop blade failure is more and more common as prop rpm increases. I witnessed at least three props throw blades at last year's LA SAWs, all props were hardened but were spining in excess of 45,000 rpm. The problem seems to be blades which are thinned to much, brittle metal after hardening, and high rpm. The vibration is tremendous. Stronger metal is the most likely solution, although lower rpm could help extend current BeCu prop life. Many seem to believe that extreme rpm is needed to achieve high speeds, yet I was able to get my old 12-NiMH cell-powered riggers into the 90s with rpm under 40,000. A prop with 3.5" of pitch (v947 etc) spinning just 40,000 rpm will push a good rigger to 110+ mph.

Prop duplicators have ensured we don't loose the time consuming task that is tune our props so we are working with stainless steel with the one's we liked using the lost wax process..ease to me as dentist so let's see if we can duplicate our good wheels.Actually this is my third failure in one year pushing hard boats so I wouldn't say this is a problem with berilyum but with some props like the 2.0 serie.as with the same pitch and cup in 1.9 serie we haven't had any failure.Gill

Back