FE HYDRO MARINE CAT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperstman

I HAVE A DRIFTERL THAT I CANT KEEP FLEX SHAFTS IN. I SPINS AND UNRAVELS FLEX CABLE.

I HAVE SPENT HUNDREDS TRYING TO FIX.YES I SOLDERED THE CABLE END.

HELP HERE ARE A FEW PICS

IMAGE_027.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg

IMAGE_032.jpg

By any chance is the cable a reverse rotation? for the other direction?

Do you leave a gap between Drive Dog and strut? You will need to leave at the very least 1/16" - 1/8" gap for cable twist up under load.

TP is right, we need more information to try to help you. In addition to the info TP asked about, what have you spent the $100s on to "fix" the problem? Are you using a teflon liner inside the brass stuffing tube? Do you have a photo of the damaged cable? Does the boat run at all, or does the cable fail immediately?

We want to help you, but we aren't mind readers. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also is the wind in the cable rotating in the proper direction. You will unravle it if the cable is spinning backward. What size cable are you using. You should be using a minimum .150 cable. .187 if you have a heavy torque load. What about thrust bearings? Are you running one on the motor shaft to unload there also? Like the other guys mentioned we need more info :) .

Back