fastest tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronald van Essen

Hello guys,

I'am living in the netherlands and just started again with rc boats, tunnel hull are my interest. I have a Graupner F1 with an osmax 21 on it, but have a k&b stanby.

Looking far a nice fast boat, what is the fastest? Is it the HTB 290, or the new Nemesis or the Lynx?

Come on let's hear it please. Ronald-Moron-van Essen

Ronald,

If you are running your engines stock(no tuned exhaust system), then I think the Lynx might be a better choice. It runs very well with a stock O.S. Max. The other two boats were designed more for modified engines. Another good choice for a stock O.S. would be the Villain S1.

If you have any building ability, the JD WOF 28(plans available from RC Boat Modeler) is also a good boat(but then I'm slightly prejudiced ;) ).

JD

Hi Ronald,

Jerry just pointed out some very good choices, And remember with any combo its about

40 percent engine and 60 percent driver and setup.

Also there is a great group of guy's in Holland to run your boat with, Edwin, Paul, and Oscar, to name a few at

http://www.xtremercboats.com

Gene :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you don't "go off" on everybody like the last guy did that asked for opinions. Just stirrin' the pot..............

Hee Hee Hee

Russell Bear said:
I hope you don't "go off" on everybody like the last guy did that asked for opinions.  Just stirrin' the pot..............
Hee Hee Hee

72424[/snapback]

Well around here that is always a possibility :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea Im kinda partial to Villains too ;)

Hi Ronald,

i'm also from the netherlands and running a leecraft xtr21 with a mac 21. Next week we have a SAW meeting in Spaarnwoude near Haarlem. Maybe you can have a visit and have a look at some of our tunnels.

What kind a boat do you want, 3,5cc, 7,5cc of 11/13cc or gasoline and how fast do you want to go? I hope to get to 50 mpg (80 kmh) next weekend.

Check out the Lynx hull when you get ready, it is US-1 IMPBA Champ this year. Our PB Lynx runs well over 55 mph every pass. (heattrim)

www.precisionboatsracing.com

Josh :D

Mark Anderson runs the Lynx and It is very fast. I think the Villan is good but is a little small if running in rough water. The JD WOF 28/30 is also a good choice if your a builder. All 3 are excellent choices and Im sure you would be Happy. :rolleyes:

@ Paul

80? gg :D

@ Ronald: Yes come to Spaarnwoude. You will see my Schink cat running as the fastest tunnel overthere. I will allso bring my unbuild HTB 290 :D

Later

Oscar

JD

what is the size to build for a WOF28/30 to suit lawless and CMB21 & carbon pipe combo. The 28 or 30 size.

Thanks

Dave

Tunnelbill said:
Dave,
   You want to go with the 30" for a Mod motor...

72637[/snapback]

Thanks Bill. Is it Friday night there?? Its 11:00 am saturday here. i was going to run my FSR 21 boat but the new CMB21 wont fit the gear drive :angry: so I have just put it into the 21 rigger so i can test the new :D CMB21H pipe. i will let you know how it goes. Looks like tims was very very good, I didnt realise he won at the Hunter valley Champs last weekend and ran 70 second heat time. Pret cool :D

Go Tim Go!!!! B)

Thanks

Dave

My best pass with my Nova tunnel, with a modified Mac 21, has been just over 3.7 seconds for the 1/16 mile SAW. that was right at 60mph. This was done with my heat race setup using a reworked prather 220 prop and Cooper 65/14 fuel.

I really like my Magnum w/the 3.5 air cooled MAC engine. It sits on a Lawless lower end and has a Garcia pipe. The thing hauls booty :lol:

Back