Family fun this winter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanKewley

In an attempt to pass the time this winter with something the whole family can participate in, I decided to build an indoor race track in my basement.

So far it has been a success. My 7 and 9 year are really into it, and haven’t even asked to play video games in 2 months. They rush to get their homework done so we can do “family racing time”.

They seem to be enjoying the tinker aspect as well… trying different tires, pinions, shock settings etc.

DSC04935.JPG

DSC04928.JPG

Way KQQL, nice layout. When I was a kid the tinker aspect was the most fun. "The need for speed".
default_biggrin.png

The tinkering was the funnest part for me as a kid too. Trying to get kids these days to take interest in something other than video games is challenging. This seems to be working well so far. If they beat their average lap count they get to stay up an extra 20 minutes that night. That keeps their competitive juices flowing LOL!

Kyosho considers them 1/24 scale buggies

Length 6.4" (163mm)
Width 4.1" (105mm)
Height 1.8" (46mm)
Wheelbase 4.5" 115mm

Tinkering still is the funniest part!
100% agree!

The track's modular design allows for tinkering with it too. We started adding jumps a few weeks ago using pool noodles. The kids have changed the track layout 3 times already.

There are quite of few different layouts you can do: LINK

PoolNoodleJumps.JPG

Cool deal Sean,

Are you guys running "Spec Motors" in there.... LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist. Please, Please, Please, bring that track with you to the next race we are all together! Drinks, side bets, bragging rights.... the possibilities are endless!

Later,

Ball

Cool deal Sean,

Are you guys running "Spec Motors" in there.... LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist. Please, Please, Please, bring that track with you to the next race we are all together! Drinks, side bets, bragging rights.... the possibilities are endless!

Later,

Ball
Mike, i can see it now. Setup in the hotel lobby, hooting an hollering.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ball,

We are
default_tongue.png

Already planning to pack it for the Mendota parking lot party. Be there or be square.

Latest posts

Back