• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S leecraft tunnel cowing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pics are up. not exactly sure of which boat this cowling fits. anyone want to clarify. the marks on it are dryed masking tape. thanks dan

Last edited by a moderator:
That cowl is for the early 20 LeeCraft before the XT or XTR120. That cowl was probably built by Terry Moore years ago.

Looks like the cowl for the predecessor to the XT460 boat. I have one of Tommy's originals in my shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
That cowl is for the early 20 LeeCraft before the XT or XTR120. That cowl was probably built by Terry Moore years ago.
Wow Ron you should be the official Lee Craft historian, Your good!

Hahaha. I hear ya! I'm just an old fart, thats all. Dan mentioned this cowl was for a 20 size hull so that had to be the hull by the style as I used to run one. The original 40 LeeCraft used the exact same style cowl, only larger.

I have a 45 boat that has that exact same cowl as Dans cowl, but different than your 45 cowl.I will post pic later. Sorry for the hijack Dan.

I have a 45 boat that has that exact same cowl as Dans cowl, but different than your 45 cowl.I will post pic later. Sorry for the hijack Dan.

You are correct. Tommy made a LeeCraft 20 and 40 that looked exactly the same and used the cowl Dan is trying to sell.

Tommy's brother, David, made a full size tunnel that looked like these too. I raced one with a 150 Merc outboard. I will try to post a pic later.

Bob,

My Dad ran the 16 ft glass version in Sport-J then later put a T2X on it and ran Mod-100. After that he bought Buck Thornton's 17 wood one and ran that in Champ and Mod-U.

Jimmy Johnson

Back