F Mono Ready to Roll

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes hot and rich is the way to run these big eng. The heat burns the fuel and rich keeps it lubed. controlling water flow is the ticket. Find the sweet spot and you are golden.Now if I could just get Tommy to come out of his shell and get his system on line. :angry: '
David
Anyone using needle valves in their water line???
Yes---before my motor and with a large dubro fuel filter to keep out the trash.

As David said---run rich and heat up that head ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
what size fuel tank do you have in your boat?

Blake

Blake - Not sure b/c Jerry set up tanks but it is BIG - I finished off a gallon today and it took at least 7-9 minutes or so it seemed to empty the main+hopper. I actually like having a bigger tank on board..

Yes hot and rich is the way to run these big eng. The heat burns the fuel and rich keeps it lubed. controlling water flow is the ticket. Find the sweet spot and you are golden.Now if I could just get Tommy to come out of his shell and get his system on line. :angry: '
David

Thanks! Just happen to have a extra Lg. Dubro filter and CMB Needle Valve. Flush w/ WD-40 to prevent rust??? I know that's a good idea on motors that have carbon steel screws(like the 1.01'S) that go thru the water.

Blake

Blake - Not sure b/c Jerry set up tanks but it is BIG - I finished off a gallon today and it took at least 7-9 minutes or so it seemed to empty the main+hopper. I actually like having a bigger tank on board..
Normally, there is a 24 oz. main tank and a 4 oz. hopper tank in the 44" Seaducers.

Blake

Normally, there is a 24 oz. main tank and a 4 oz. hopper tank in the 44" Seaducers.
That sounds about right. I had it so rich I was spitting most of it out the back of the pipe!! :lol:

I was looking on my boat and it has a 1 oz hopper tank and a 24 oz main tank. should I get a 4oz hopper tank?

Blake Johnson

David

Thanks! Just happen to have a extra Lg. Dubro filter and CMB Needle Valve. Flush w/ WD-40 to prevent rust??? I know that's a good idea on motors that have carbon steel screws(like the 1.01'S) that go thru the water.
Yes---I flush everything with WD at the end of the day of running.

What is a hopper tank?

Hello Mark,

When we set up the fuel supply in our boats we are faced with a couple of challenges. The number one challenge is to have a constant fuel supply to the motor with NO air bubbles. Boats when running at high speeds on water are subject to a very violent running service. If you run one large fuel tank, and the tank becomes 2/3 empty, more than likely air will find its way to the motor. Many boaters who run the plastic tanks that are on the market today use a small tank between the motor and large tank. The supply from the large tank fills the small tank(or hopper) then on to engine. The plan then is to keep the hopper full during the complete run of your boat, limiting the possibility of air reaching your motor.

With that being said, on the market today, you may find a few plastic tanks that have a internal sump built inside to also keep a constant flow of fuel to the motor. Custom metal tanks that are built also use internal sumps for the pick up of fuel in the tank.

If you have never set up a r/c boat for fuel supply, please pm me, there are many other tricks to discuss that have not been mentioned here.

Happy Boating,

Tommy

I see. Makes sense. I appreciate the help offer and when I get to the point of setting up the fuel tank I will contact you.

Thx!

Mark

I was looking on my boat and it has a 1 oz hopper tank and a 24 oz main tank. should I get a 4oz hopper tank?

Blake Johnson

Hello Blake,

If you are running a 91 or 101, and 50 percent nitro or above, I suggest running with the 4 oz. hopper if you plan to race the boat.

Many times when I go out early in a heat I will find the 24oz completely empty and 4oz hopper 1/4 empty when I pick up the boat at the end of a race.

Happy Boating,

Tommy

I have CMB 90 in my boat. I don't plan on racing it. I just broke it in and ran 30% fuel in it. would it be fine to just keep the 1 oz hopper tank in it?

I have CMB 90 in my boat. I don't plan on racing it. I just broke it in and ran 30% fuel in it. would it be fine to just keep the 1 oz hopper tank in it?
As much as a PITA it is to change it, and the fact your not racing it ( even though imho 25oz is plenty to heat race-even offshore) - your fine
cool.gif

You will figure out how long you can run, at the size pond your running at, the first time you run it out of fuel
rolleyes.gif

Count laps
wink.gif

Andy

Looks good! Mine is yellow too, but with a white bottom. Hopefully, I'll have it in the water in about a week or so...

Mine is powered by an O.S. .91, so we'll see how she does against the italian engines...

Glad to see people are building big block nitro boats!....
Nice!! bring that beast to florida..We have a bunch of them consistantly running in most of our 2 day races...
Brett why don't you support some of the racing up in ATL and Huntsville ????? i have traveled to Florida 4 times and raced in 2 events in Fl i have not seen you up north yet ???????

Looks good! Mine is yellow too, but with a white bottom. Hopefully, I'll have it in the water in about a week or so...

Mine is powered by an O.S. .91, so we'll see how she does against the italian engines...

Glad to see people are building big block nitro boats!....
Nice!! bring that beast to florida..We have a bunch of them consistantly running in most of our 2 day races...
Brett why don't you support some of the racing up in ATL and Huntsville ????? i have traveled to Florida 4 times and raced in 2 events in Fl i have not seen you up north yet ???????
Thats because you had to come down to get all your stuff straightened out ...and you are retired now !! :)

your the one thats retired lol you like 70 years old.. yeah yeah what ever old man you did not bring the pain LOL :lol: you need to come up on my neck of the woods and put that little rocket of yours to race here. maybe bring brett with you so we can enjoy some cartwheels and somersaults LOL .

julian

your the one thats retired lol you like 70 years old.. yeah yeah what ever old man you did not bring the pain LOL :lol: you need to come up on my neck of the woods and put that little rocket of yours to race here. maybe bring brett with you so we can enjoy some cartwheels and somersaults LOL .

julian
Don't forget about jumper then we could have a 3 ring circus. :p

Latest posts

Back