F-mono Options?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackout

Any options besides Seaducer and Calcraft? Do any of the Aeromarine hulls handle well? What about the AC Lazer 40? The engine I will be using is an OS 91. I'm not looking to dominate, just be somewhat competitive. I know this has been discussed before, I want to see if there are any new experiences....

Thanks.

I have always wanted to do an AC Razor with a CMB 90 or 101. You may be a little underpowered for the Lazor 40 with the OS ? but I have been wrong before.

Andy

Rampage would probably be a wicked running boat with a bigblock in it

Razors are fast, but when the water gets rough, they can get unpredictable. They are a hull designed for stock zenoahs, running 50mph or so.. not 60+

You may be a little underpowered for the Lazor 40 with the OS ? but I have been wrong before.

Andy
Really? Do you mean the Lazer 45? The Lazer 40 is only 40" long and is supposely designed for 7.5cc to 13cc nitro engines and the smaller gas engines.

Any options besides Seaducer and Calcraft? Do any of the Aeromarine hulls handle well? What about the AC Lazer 40? The engine I will be using is an OS 91. I'm not looking to dominate, just be somewhat competitive. I know this has been discussed before, I want to see if there are any new experiences....

Thanks.
If you wanted to Dominate? It would have to be a Seaducer 44. But the Aeromarine XXX is an Option.... Also a Seaducer 47 with a Nitro RS101 would be a option too...... a few of us are building them now..... for 2011 racing season. :blink: :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks.
If you wanted to Dominate? It would have to be a Seaducer 44. But the Aeromarine XXX is an Option.... Also a Seaducer 47 with a Nitro RS101 would be a option too...... a few of us are building them now..... for 2011 racing season. :blink: :D
If I do go with a Seaducer, since the O.S. is underpowered to today's standards, would maybe the 42" be better than the 44"? Thanks.

Thanks.
If I do go with a Seaducer, since the O.S. is underpowered to today's standards, would maybe the 42" be better than the 44"? Thanks.
I would do the 44, if you ever repower- your gonna want the 44 instead of a 42.

Andy

Thanks.
OS 91? I would buy a 44 Seaducer....... OS81 A 60/80 Seaducer hull.......

Thanks.
OS 91? I would buy a 44 Seaducer....... OS81 A 60/80 Seaducer hull.......
Yes, OS 91. It's a new OS 91 vr-df that I will be converting to marine.

Craig I prefer the Cmb RS101 or VAC 91 for F class racing. But we did race the 60/80 42 inch Seaducer with K90 engines a few years back with X465 X665 props. Fast boat with a lot of motor.....You may want to get someone to drill out props 1/4 before they are Balanced. That is a lot of power to run a step down 3/16 x 1/4 shaft in....Most props that suit that boat hull & engine will be 3/16 hub props. Good Luck with your build......

Just wondering outloud , whens the last time you snapped a stepped shaft off due to too much power Joe ?

Thanks.

Joe I agree I think the 47 inch hull would be REALLY good in open mono or F mono. I got an extra 47 hull, now if I only had a big block...lol

Thanks.

Joe I agree I think the 47 inch hull would be REALLY good in open mono or F mono. I got an extra 47 hull, now if I only had a big block...lol
One word Tony J STU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering outloud , whens the last time you snapped a stepped shaft off due to too much power Joe ?
1/4 X 3/16 step down many mnay times. & you lose the prop ever time.. :( as for the full 1/4 huey shafts I run now I have broken the ears off the drive dogs many times & 2 times this year pulled the blades off a X467 & slung both blades off a X470 in Charleston & Pulled the blades off a X470 in Evansville. both of these props were 6.9 7.0 TE cup. So they were loaded. B)

Thanks.

Tony I had jerry puit a set of 44 stringers in mine & plan to run 44 hardware on it too. the set up sheet will be the same as a 44 seaducer. Stu has the 101`s in stk & Steve wood can do the set up on the engine....

Latest posts

Back