Exhaust pipe question.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finne

have a look at this website.

look at the exhaust bend thing. (scroll down a bit)

http://www16.brinkster.com/blapingvin/boat.html

The pics are of my boat and engine (before i modded the hull).

it's quite obvious that the pipe cant be mounted like that.

I figure if I cut it half way through the bend and flip it, it'll be pointing the right way.

But if I do so, will the exhaust be to short? will it be to hot for the rubber?

will it affect the performance?

HELP! ???

finne,

the only header i could find for my .18 was the same way...i just got a 90 degree elbow of heavy-duty plastic and clamped it on the end of the header with a hose clamp- the pipe wraps all the way around behind the engine, much too long if it was a high-performance racing setup but the only racing that boat will do is on Novice class so it doesn't really matter.

you should change you're hull to surface drive.

Joe

Yes I have changed it to surface drive.

I've cut off all the interior plastic and the skeg, and haveing a strudder built by a friend.

I'm hopeing the 0.98 hp engine will be enough to make this abs hull fly ;D

....but still. would it work better with the idea i suggested?

I do want as much effect as I can get out of this baby. I'm not sure I'm overpowering enough : :) ;D

Hey Finne,

Go to Tower Hobbies and in the search box put in TOWC8150.

I think that manifold should work on your engine if you cut off the bend on the end.

Don ;)

Yes I found the page.

thankyou. :)

but for $10.99 I'm still considdering cutting of the pipe i have. ;)

The only difference I can see is that it would be a bit shorter then thatone, so...

I imagine I could put some simple cooling on the pipe if it gets to hot.

additionall question: Does a shorter then stock pipe alter the performance?

And if so, how?

Finne,

The length of the pipe just has to do with when the engine comes on or off the pipe. You can hear and see it. I wouldn't worry to much about it until you run the boat and see how it does.

I don't think the heat on a short manifold will be any problem as long as you can get the coupler on tight.

Good luck,

Don

Thankyou.

The coupler, if that's what the rubber thing is called, is rather soft. So getting it on tight shouldn't be much of a problem.

I've been using a Traxxas header on my .12 `rigger. Part #4550, $15.00 from my LHS. It has a tight 90 degree bend and is bent slightly upwards. If you have a really tight spot, use the one from a Pro boat Miss Bud.

Latest posts

Back