Irwin/ Cooper S pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Atwell

Hey guys,
Just snagged one of these pipes, just looking for some feedback. Initially it will be going on a Novarossi 35Plus, more than likely ending up on A rear exhaust engine later on though (hopefully).
Given that this is the short pipe, can I make up for the difference in length with a longer header? Looking at the long style it appears the only difference was an extended inlet tube. If it doesn’t work out, anyone have a long style they’d be willing to part with?
Performance wise how do these pipes stack up? Reading back a few years it seems these were the money designs on the wrap around novas. Any prop suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
-Brandon

Its a good pipe, I wouldn't be overly concerned about running a longer header on a rear exhaust engine. Having the longer version would be ideal but it should still run well. I did the same thing years ago with the original Irwin pipes. First I started with a novarossi LS then later put it on a Mac21 inboard. I modified a damaged header and had a local shop tig weld a piece of aluminum tubing to to the flange extending its length. Worked like a charm. Its basically the same thing as 180 header, its just a straight tube instead of a bent one. Could always make a tapered header also...

Good luck,
Brian

Rpm pipe. 1450 cut down,pitched up.keep it short on a 180 header/motor. Does not work on a dd!. When it hits the second stage,you should see 75+

Back