exhaust gasket

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

are there any home remidies for a new exhaust gasket material for my aqua 18 . will paper bag work ?

The times I have used the thick paper gaskets, my exhaust seems to vibrate loose. I think there is too much give in those gaskets. The one I use says it comes two to a pack on the tower website, but there is only one in a pack. It is made by ofna and has a part number of 38162.

I have heard of folks making gaskets from dollar bills...but personally have not tried it.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive heard that some folks use A LITTLE bit of gasket maker......i simply dont use a gasket at all anymore...might sound crazy but ive had NO problems and the boat runs just as good without it.....

Same here,

kept replacing gasket and had enough.

no more gasket, take your header and pass it on sand paper, you want it nice and smooth and square.

no leaks, no mess, no gasket.

Dan.

the surfaces of the case and the header are machined so they are for sure very flat... it can be run with no gasket... although ive seen several headers that were not flat...they had to be cleaned up or a gasket needs to be used... go to the auto parts store and look for gasket material sheets... i use gaskets i have layin around as im a mechanic for a living... you wanna get away cheap tell em you need a thermostat gasket for a small block chevy... you can easily get 4 out of that for like $1.50

i gasket all my headers to tell the truth,,but i use blue loctite on the bolts so they dont vibrate loose...

alden

I tore mine and never put one back runs just fine unless you have an untrue header as Alden said.

I run without a header gasket too. If I have to make an engine gasket I use a couple of different materials...manilla filing folders or grocery bags, which ever works for the thickness needed.

Scott

Back