esc help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black talon

i have 2 astroflight 212d's and 1 207d.i also have a plettenberg ss1 an hp290/40/3 and a cobalt 05. when i hook the batterys to the motors they work fine when ihook up the esc's all i get is a high pitched tone. i can't figure out what would be causing this.HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:
How many cells?

i have 2 astroflight 212d's and 1 207d.i also have a plettenberg ss1 an hp290/40/3 and a cobalt 05. when i hook the batterys to the motors they work fine when ihook up the esc's all i get is a high pitched tone. i can't figure out what would be causing this.HELP!

i tried that but all they do is give off that noise like their trying to start and then quit

Talon,

Make certain that you are not trying to connect a brushed motor ESC to a brushless motor!

The Astroflights are (I believe) only for brushed motors.

Make certain that you have the ESC connection to your radio in the correct slot. This is normally #2 on the receiver.

Also make certain that the polarity of the esc plug and the servo plug to the receiver are correct.

Hope this helps.

Steve-O

Are you using a good rx battery those with the ESCs, the 207 does not have a BEC. The 212s & 207s like to see more cells also.

thats affirmative on all the above. i did get the cobalt to run for maybe 30 sec's but then it just quits until i let off the power and then it will go for another 30 sec's.that was running the cobalt in a 24"outrigger that weighs maybe 3#'s with batt's and turning an x428,430,432 & 436.but still nothing on the plett's even with 16 cells.

Back