ESC burnt up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok thanks T.S. maybe I need to re think the 6s on the ul-1 and put it in a rigger
No your talking. Or get one a Whip 40, an ML, or a Thomas 40 for 6s power. Super fun. Reasonable to drive. Wont explode on impact if they take flight on ya or you clip a buoy.

O K got me new ESC. the T180 will try to get every thing installed this weekend and try 4S and 5S with the smaller props. Will try to run only one Battery as I don't want the extra weight, I know the run time will not be long with one battery butt I only need to run 4 short laps. Will radar the boat and see what happens.

thanks

Walt Barney

please verify this set-up and what cell max please
Jeff.

This is the set up I will try 1515 Y1 motor T180 ESC Batteries 4s 3400mah 50c 5s 5000mah 50c Have had the boat over 50 mph several time but need to go faster, and yes the UL 1 is about at the fastest speed it it go Have moded the boat but it may not last long. If I can get this boat togather I will try this weekend to see what it will do, Will as take suggestion on building another boat to handle the power and better handling,as the UL1 like to walk from sponson to sponson when aboce 52 mph

Walt Barney

RaceMechaniX, what is your setup in the post you stated " then put some serious power in it "

Jeff,

I run a Lehner 1950 and Schulze controller in my PT Stealth sport hydro for P. It runs in the low 70's, but it almost undriveable at this speed unless you are the only boat in flat water.

TG

ok thanks this electric stuff is no joke
O K ran the UL 1 today ran with 4S to start with, ran O K but not as fast as I want used a X640 or something like that as I cannot read the numbers, then with the same prop ran 5S and came close to blowing it off and a lot better speed, still have to work some more on the bottom as it still sponson walks from side to side but not as bad as before as I can catch it before it flips over. Did not get a time on it but will try this week Also will try different props.

Walt Barney

ok thanks this electric stuff is no joke
O K ran the UL 1 today ran with 4S to start with, ran O K but not as fast as I want used a X640 or something like that as I cannot read the numbers, then with the same prop ran 5S and came close to blowing it off and a lot better speed, still have to work some more on the bottom as it still sponson walks from side to side but not as bad as before as I can catch it before it flips over. Did not get a time on it but will try this week Also will try different props.

Walt Barney
worked on the bottom again today and ran the UL1 with 4s and the x640 prop boat ran 48 -50 mph with fresh batteries also ran the 5S with the same prop and hit 59 mph with my wife using the radar gun with my neighbor helping also after the first run with fresh batteries 59 was the top speed average was 57 until the battery started to give up. Now I ready for the condo pond races.

don't ask how the boat is staying togather as it has plenty of epoxy and tape on it just hope it lasts for the races.

Walt Barney

The conversions are great but it sucks having to modify a brand new device voiding the warranty. Then again, Castle's liberal warranty policy is probably the reason they don't offer marine esc's any more. Including proper caps would have been nice though. Etti does with their 220 HV. Then again I probably screwed up one of my Etti's modifying the cooling plates because the stock nipples are too close to the board. Pickings are slim for good HV controllers. sigh..........
default_sad.png

MGM Compro ESC's are the best HV controllers I have personally found since the Schulze is no longer available. I keep the 280 AMP version in stock but can get all of them up to 500 amp versions. The waterproofing I have found to be rock solid as well and the warranties (2-5 years available from the factory) are outstanding.

Glad to hear you got it running Walt. Keep us updated on how you "rule" the condo races!!!!

image_4cf9d3ff-8906-44d0-9c3f-31a74cbdd648_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back