ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta silly question......

When does it quit being a model, and becomes a mobile launch platform ?

Way cool Mikie
default_wink.png

Gene

No clue.. I do know this.. at 25lbs.. this thing is a ***** to walk out to the pads.

Grim

[SIZE=10.5pt]I will say this.. (at least for now) If people have questions about our government enabled rights they NEED TO GO TO A LAUNCH.. this s%$# should not be legal! IN ANYWAY…lol[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The first time a 70lb M powered rocket disappears at the 7 second mark its like.. Well.. its up there and its coming down.. where? Is it on the chute? You will NEVER SEE IT if it smokes ya! You have better have done your homework and be good at it to fly that stuff.. You have nothing left but to trust the builder.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen flights to 2.7MACH[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen a 4” rocket make its way through a bass boat on a prang[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen flights to 25,000 feet (that’s a small leap in some cases)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen O motors flown[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen 400lb rockets flown (even on a chute it will kill you)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen 8” dia carbon fiber metal tip rockets “Disappear” in the soil.. they are NEVER FOUND[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]GAME ON![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Grim[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We have a HP launch coming up in a few weeks.. I AM THERE![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I will say this.. (at least for now) If people have questions about our government enabled rights they NEED TO GO TO A LAUNCH.. this s%$# should not be legal! IN ANYWAY…lol[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The first time a 70lb M powered rocket disappears at the 7 second mark its like.. Well.. its up there and its coming down.. where? Is it on the chute? You will NEVER SEE IT if it smokes ya! You have better have done your homework and be good at it to fly that stuff.. You have nothing left but to trust the builder.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen flights to 2.7MACH[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen a 4” rocket make its way through a bass boat on a prang[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen flights to 25,000 feet (that’s a small leap in some cases)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen O motors flown[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen 400lb rockets flown (even on a chute it will kill you)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have seen 8” dia carbon fiber metal tip rockets “Disappear” in the soil.. they are NEVER FOUND[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]GAME ON![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Grim[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We have a HP launch coming up in a few weeks.. I AM THERE![/SIZE]
Think it's getting out of hand????http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/03/drone-circles-building-explosion-taking-video/

Ray.. not sure what this has to to with Quads but... hey.. it flys.. of cource we to have rules too.. (guidance systems are not legal)

Grim

Something to do during the winter months.........

Had no idea they were that big,

Yea guidance systems, thrust vectoring, or movable in flight control surfaces,

Might get ya in a pinch
default_wink.png

Gene

Forcast for today sunny and high round 68
default_biggrin.png

Ray.. not sure what this has to to with Quads but... hey.. it flys.. of cource we to have rules too.. (guidance systems are not legal)

Grim
Your kidding right, what does guns, rockets and quads have to do with bad winter weather!!!!!!!
default_wacko.png
See what happens when you talk about taking out Punxsutawney Phil because of his weather prediction. Starts off with what caliber, then weapon of choice and before ya know it we're daydreaming of the zombie apocalypse. Must be the ADD kickin' in..........

Bring on the zombies!!!
I dunno why, I've never been a fan of the AR platform. I fully realize how flexible it is and how much you can do with it, but for whatever reason I prefer the more "classic" M1/M14 look of the Mini-14, and am all-in on AKs.

As for Grimracer, nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring on the zombies!!!
I dunno why, I've never been a fan of the AR platform. I fully realize how flexible it is and how much you can do with it, but for whatever reason I prefer the more "classic" M1/M14 look of the Mini-14, and am all-in on AKs.

Some say the "mechanized" look of the AR is unappealing and I can see their point somewhat BUT it is definitely a tough platform to beat with what you can do with it. I will say my next "desire" in this realm will be a classic bolt action .308 set up to be extremely accurate at very long distances. Sadly blowing out my shoulder and the resulting surgical bills have pretty much put the kabash on that until next year unless I somehow miraculously fall face first into a pile of money.
default_rolleyes.gif

Bring on the zombies!!!

Some say the "mechanized" look of the AR is unappealing and I can see their point somewhat BUT it is definitely a tough platform to beat with what you can do with it. I will say my next "desire" in this realm will be a classic bolt action .308 set up to be extremely accurate at very long distances. Sadly blowing out my shoulder and the resulting surgical bills have pretty much put the kabash on that until next year unless I somehow miraculously fall face first into a pile of money.
default_rolleyes.gif
I get that; the look is fine but I'm not a fan of the feel; I've fired several ARs, they feel "sproingy" to me. to me, though, the Mini-14 is patterned after one of the most significant battle rifles of this country's history, and the AK may be a piece of **** but you can bury it in mud, rinse it off, and go fighting. Maybe that last part makes me a commie lib terrorist, I don't care
default_tongue.png

Bring on the zombies!!!

default_rolleyes.gif
I get that; the look is fine but I'm not a fan of the feel; I've fired several ARs, they feel "sproingy" to me. to me, though, the Mini-14 is patterned after one of the most significant battle rifles of this country's history, and the AK may be a piece of **** but you can bury it in mud, rinse it off, and go fighting. Maybe that last part makes me a commie lib terrorist, I don't care
default_tongue.png
Guns, old school. B.A.R. on full auto.
default_wink.png

Cabin fever brings out some good off topic stuff. ZOMBIES? Here in N. Cal. the zombies( Boxer,Feinstien and others) just walk around inside the capitol building in Sacramento and rarely venture into public areas.

Bring on the zombies!!!

default_rolleyes.gif
default_tongue.png
I hear ya, I mentioned the mechanized point because you first spoke of the "more classic M1/M14 look". I will say not all ARs feel the same when fired especially commercial grade vs. mil-spec. Before I bought mine I shot a comm grade AR and then shot a couple mil-specs and the difference was noticable so I went with a full on Daniel Defense chambered in 5.56 (they only do military grade). For weekend plinking I can run the cheaper .223 rounds in it if I want to but the 5.56s totally rock by comparision so I tend to gravitiate to the more expensive stuff.........
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back