engine tuning pipe question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunk t

Okay all you engine tuners, I've been in the midst of putting together a pipe and header length calculator in the form of an excel file. Most of the time when someone talks pipe length, they are talking overall lenght. I'm setting my file up to calculate both overall, & header length. For scavenging, what degree of rotaion is best (better) to have when the negative wave reach the cylinder.. just after the transfer port opens, just before BDC, at BDC or just before the transfer port closes?

thanks,

chunk

Okay all you engine tuners, I've been in the midst of putting together a pipe and header length calculator in the form of an excel file. Most of the time when someone talks pipe length, they are talking overall lenght. I'm setting my file up to calculate both overall, & header length. For scavenging, what degree of rotaion is best (better) to have when the negative wave reach the cylinder.. just after the transfer port opens, just before BDC, at BDC or just before the transfer port closes?
thanks,

chunk

Do yourself a favor, build your math inside excel, and have me compile and standalone piece of software for it, most people do not have office.

Do yourself a favor, build your math inside excel, and have me compile and standalone piece of software for it, most people do not have office.
I think your fingers and thoughts were moving at different speeds. your reply doesn't make sense :huh:

Makes sense to me, I asked you to build your pipe calculator inside excel like you planed to do, shoot me a copy of the form, ill convert the excel file and data into a standalone installer, eliminating the need for more software just to use the file, Like what im doing with Marty's software right now.

I guess I don't see why I wouldn't want to keep it as an excel program :huh: Excel is pretty simple and is powerful enough for my needs. though I may dump it into access later.

Your building this for the community right? some guys that might find it useful, might also not have excel, this would give you a packaged, and certified piece of software that wont rely on excel or any thing else.

I see im not needed here.

Tommy,

This is a program I'm putting together as a personal project. I wasn't planning on sharing it with "the community". There are other individuals on Int'l Waters who have put a lot of time and effort into creating PROOVEN software. Through this project I have REALLY come to respect what it's taken for their sofrware to mature to the tool it is. I'm not going to pose as an expert, because I'm not... I'm an enthusiast. :D

I learn as I go...... read my signature

I don't get it, you want the community to share this info with you, yet you have no plans to share it with the community that gave it to you in the first place, or did i not understand what you said?

Back