engine mount for .21 K&B inboard motor on a wave slave

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casey day

my winter project is to get my .21 AC Wave Slave race ready. i am stumped on what the structure that is screwed to them mettle motor mount should be like? And what material it should be made out of. the back is more heavy than the front so 2 pieces of separate wood would not work. any ideas please comment. heres a picture of the boat and the engine. :) by the way the wood on the engine of the picture was a fail so ignore that. it also has the carburetor on the bottom of the engine so that makes it kind of tricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would test fit with the flywheel on. If this were my boat I would mount it to the rails with some 3/4 aluminum angle, that may make it a little easier.

Casey,

Obviously the speedmaster mount is the way to go but if you want to make your own these are good options. The rigger uses rubber grommets in the rails to dampen vibrations & the one in the mono has grommets in the vertical leg of the angle.

The angles will probably work better and allow you to lower the engine into the hull (or center up the crank shaft to your stuffing tube seeing how its already installed in the boat).

Hope this helps,

Brian

Top_view.JPG

DSCN0047.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back