Electronic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propualsion

hi all,

I'm working on a twin set up were I will required 2 sets of 30amp Esc with Bec, now I understand that I have to unplug one of the positive pin on one of the Esc, and I've both Esc connected Y-harness which goes to thr receiver. ( this is the part that get abit confusing I try my best to explain). Now that my receiver is "powered" by the Bec from the Esc my project also require the use of 2 Futaba Winch Serve S5801, which will require Y-Harness to be connected to the receiver, ok here the part: each of these servo comes with a on off switch they also have wire with connector for the supply of 6.0 or 7.2 volt, in the manual it say Caution -Do not connect the battery to the receiver. The regulator inside the FP-S5801 servo supplies power to the receiver.Connecting the battery to the receiver will damage the servo. Will these servo work with only supply from the receiver? As the Esc already supply the receiver How than do I wired these 2 servo without burning my receiver? I appreciate all the reply and advice. Thank you.

Honestly,

I would remove the red (pos) line from each speed controller and power it with a seperate reciever pack. To me it's more simple and easier to keep noise or intereference out of the system.

Honestly,I would remove the red (pos) line from each speed controller and power it with a seperate reciever pack. To me it's more simple and easier to keep noise or intereference out of the system.

hi,

Thank Alan for the advice, so I need only to supply the batt power to winch servos but with 2 set winch servo I will need to remove the red(pos) on the winch servo as not to increase the voltage supply to the receiver, but will the servo works? each servo require a 6.0/7.4 volt. I was thinking of using 1 seperate pack of Nicad 7.4v to supply both servos as well as the receiver. Yeh now I will also need a seperate batt for both Esc. right?/

Honestly,I would remove the red (pos) line from each speed controller and power it with a seperate reciever pack. To me it's more simple and easier to keep noise or intereference out of the system.

hi,

just curious how than do I power up the Esc once the red (pos) remove or(disconnected)?Is there another way of doing it? I not aware of. Please advice. Thanks.

Not exactly.

You don't remove the red lead from the servos. Just the speed controllers. Then power the system through your reciever battery pack. Don't forget to tape off the red leads or you might arc something and fry a speed controller.

hi and thank you for the advice, I did just like you 've advice me to, I remove both red positive pos from both Esc, I also strip both of the winch servo and remove the switch harness that came with each servo, solder the terminal and now it on ''on'' without the switch harness, power from the Ni-Cad batt 7.4v is than connected to both servo via the power cord that comes with these type of servo. One servo to channel 3 the other channel 4 on the receiver, Once plug with the supply it power up the receiver and all system go! Thank you Alan appreciate your time and advice.

You are very welcome.

I'm glad your project works for you. Much better than going back to the hobby store or waiting for the online order to arrive with new parts! :)

Back