Electric Smokers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Christy

Hey guys.....

Anybody have any experience with electric smokers?

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC.

We have a Green Mountain pellet smoker. Works really good as both a grill and smoker. Takes a little getting used to but is nice. Have to be careful with the food probe though. It's easy to damage the wire then it doesn't work anymore.

Guys,

I’ve been trying to smoke some burgers. FOUR TIMES now, I’ve not gotten any smoke.

I had perfect success doing pork shoulders twice in the midst of these attempts at burgers. 1-1/2 to 2 hours after starting the chips and I’d get smoke. In fact, I’ve had perfect success every time I’ve used since getting to two years ago. It’s ONLY when I’ve tried to do burgers.

The thing is, I never actually get the burgers to the smoker. I always end up grilling them, giving up on the smoker. The last time I tried them, I just let it roll after giving up on it. Five hours later.... Still no smoke.

The smoker is doing everything it’s supposed to do. I can hear the solenoid kicking the heating element on and off. My Bluetooth remote nest thermometer indicates the smoker is getting to temperature, as does the obvious touch. And I can smell the wood getting hot just no smoke.

I’m fairly certain there aren’t any “Smoker Gods” that just don’t like us smoking burgers. Do the wood chips get old and non-cooperative? I’ve tried all the commercially available woods, but I can’t tell you which ones have been involved with the various successes and failures. So, my question is.... What am I doing wrong? Differently?

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Back