electric shaman tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

has anyone set up the shaman tunnel for high speed electric ?.....please post photos if possible.....thanks......bob

Guilty as charged. We ran a Shaman at time trials back a few years ago on 6S. Held the record for a while around 76 mph (some 78mph passes). Mike L bumped it to 78mph. I think a Shaman could run mid 80's but we dropped our SAW tunnel program as blowovers above 75mph really destroys equipment. Be glad to share any info, but you need to have a few hulls to play in that park.
Mic

not looking to set records .....i,m just a oval racer.....i need to see how you fit the electrics inside the boat.....thanks.....bob

Shaman rb.JPG
SHAMAN rr.JPG
Vision 1.JPG
Vision 3.jpg

Basically two methods of a waterproof box for electronics in a tunnel. Build a wooden box or liner to fit under the cowl or reinforce the cowl, attach it to the hull and make it the waterproof box. I use 3 short pieces of copper tube 5/16 or larger to run the 3 brushless motor wires through and seal them with rubber boots or heat shrink. I have used flex cables and or solid rods for steering and seal them also.
Making the cowl the box will allow much more room for electronics and batteries but is more work and finishing. (worth the time). In the Vision pictured I had enough room to put the steering servo in the rear of the boat and the esc over the top of the steering rods. You need a minimum of 120oz of steering torque and above 300oz is nice but adds expense. Metal gears!!!
Mic

Bob,
Not sure what power your planning as at first I assumed you were going for very high speed.
We have run a light Shaman in P/limited and it will not be the fastest but will finish and win. On a Shaman I prefer the K&B 45 lower on all applications. P/l the OS is maybe 1mph faster but the larger leg makes the handling much better. The Shaman is a great 4S full "P" boat and if you want speed on a budget our local Q/limited power will run as fast a full "P". 40X74 (1400-1600kv) motor under $100 on 6S will work with a Flycolor 150 ESC and or a Seaking 180. My Vision with a Leopard 1400 40X74 and an m445 prop runs an honest 54mph. Propping up a bit I can run 60mph and finish a 6 lap heat with 5000ma. $200 motor,esc & battery cost. Yes a 40X82 will go faster but add cost ($$$ ESC) and loose reliability and handling (it will be upside down often)
Mic

Latest posts

Back