Ed's report

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjslhill

Talked to Ed today on his return from Huntsville. I did not get to go, daughter had surgery.

Ed told me that he set 18 records. (all IMPBA records were new due to updated set of rules)

Ed said that 3300 cells seemed to have the most power and speed.

Weather was nice Friday and Sunday.

As soon as the records are up I'll let everyone know.

Oh, one other thing...I asked Ed about how much rebuilding he did over the weekend....zero was his reply. Ed stated that the new motors require less rebuilding.

Ahh,...... new cells, new motors.......... ;) $$$???

Still though, I do like 05's. They're just plum cool. So are gear drives. I like tinkering with them.

Any report on what he was running? Can? Arm? Turns? Flat wire? Ferrite/cobalt/neo? Prop? Was it modified? . . .. . . . I need a wish list. Batteries are my first priority right now.

Gene

Yes I know...you buy a brushless and controller and run it for 5 years without any problems at all in 5 classes. I have heard all these comments in the past. Or until the newest one comes out last week..... ;D

I think Ed is running 5 and 6 turns in some classes. He is using Associate motors now. I don't have the info. Don't forget, it's not just motors, it's also hulls.

Back