earl smith 7.5 tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary R. Woods

Just purchased a tunnel from a gent in Arkansas. It is supposed to be a Earl Smith 7.5 tunnel. It appears to be similar to a Leecraft. The hull is 34 inches long and 13 inches wide. The weight bare is app. 3 1/2 pounds. Can someone fill me in on this hull. What is a good set-up for it. Will be running K&b power.

Sounds like a splashed copy of a LeeCraft to me. He probably copied it and named it after himself

I'd use two 1/4 scale servos for steering, and either standard size (Futaba 3003's) or Mini servos like (Hi-Tec 81MG's) for the throttle and remote needle. Get the radio box as far forward as possible,

Get the tank and hopper as close to the engine as possible.

If you want to run the boat stock K&B is your only choice so the Red Head would be ideal or any new K&B you can get will work. I think K&B is starting to re-stock their motors these days.

As for props the Octura X-447 two or three blade is a great starting prop. Get one of each, you'll be surpised how different they can make the boat perform.

Get a good solid motor mount, Tim at Precision Boats makes great mounts so does Victor Gorecki. The cheap one's can break and leave your motor at the bottom of the lake if you hit something or have a hard blow over. It's not to common but I've seen it happen and have heard others say it happened to them.

I'd go with 50% up to 60% nitro if you want to race, if your goofing around w/friends and want to save $$ then 30% is good enough.

If you plan to run mod skies the limit w/choices w/pipes and power heads. Let me know if you plan to run mod and I'll offer more of my two cents.

;)

Back