Eagle Twin overhaul complete

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Greg what’s your strut angle looks pretty steep?
In haven’t measured them, I just eye balled them like most of my Eagles, my guess would be maybe 1-2 degrees, just a little negative angle. My first run was on a set of 1667’s cut down and pitched at 6”. Once I deal with the minor gremlins, the motors fully break in I

will push things out to the max. Once I get there I have a couple of new game changer props pictched out to 6.5 and just under 7. When I begin to try those I will check the angle more accurately. This is a dual ski boat and it’s my hope that will limit the amount of negative angle I need to tune into it, the 4-6 degrees you have your boat tuned to sounds like so much misdirected thrust energy. When I get there those answers should present themselves.

Depending what photo you are looking at, I had the struts loose and just hanging there.
The old Twin 90 Eagle SG looks awesome Greg! Yes, between 1 and 2 degrees is what we always used on that boat. I used about about 1/4 degree less angle on the left strut. Better handling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, no video but it ran well in its maiden voyage. Sent out rich, gradually leaned it in and when it cleaned out it began to really move and almost perfect handling. Time to bring it in only to find that the one of my throttle arms came loose and lost my shut down but just richened it until it quit. You all remember our boom tube discussion, done for the day, split my boom tubes good. All part of the testing shake down runs.

All smiles here, Allen Yuen looked worried, he has got some competition when I deal with the bugs!!!!

Woooooohooooooo!
Nice job with the decals. Boat looks good.

Thanks for the compliments guys, Im very pleased how it turned out. Thanks too Andy for the guidance on the struts as well, the last time I had it out testing the motors started to wake up and the speed picked up which lead to some prop walk and caused my left turn correction ability to disappear, I will definitely try those strut angle measurements to see if I can get it back without adding too much throw back into the rudder. Not quite ready to throw my wickedly pitched props at it, want to get the handling right before we go stupid fast!

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments guys, Im very pleased how it turned out. Thanks too Andy for the guidance on the struts as well, the last time I had it out testing the motors started to wake up and the speed picked up which lead to some prop walk and caused my left turn correction ability to disappear, I will definitely try those strut angle measurements to see if I can get it back without adding too much throw back into the rudder. Not quite ready to throw my wickedly pitched props at it, want to get the handling right before we go stupid fast!

Thanks again!
Greg,

The flatter strut on the left will reduce some pressure off the right sponson. If the boat tries to pull right on hard acceleration flatten the struts a bit. May also need to play with the fin AoA. As you go to bigger props you may need a larger/wider rudder to keep it running straight.

Latest posts

Back