dunlap 34 wof

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriscarbon

Supporting Member
i am sheeting the bottom of the sponsons. this is the last sheet that is needed to complete the sponsons. should i leave a 1/8 edge on the rear similar to the dunlap 30 & villain. also i can have a shear edge like the villain s1 has or is this going to cause cornering problems with a heavier 7.5 boat. jd i know about the eyeradar speed of your 34 but have you used radar on your 34. :lol:

thanks

chris

I run the back edge of the sponson sheeting 1/8" past the former. Doing the bottom outside edge like the Villian S1 should work on the WOF 34. I bring the sponson non-trip sheeting below the sponson bottom sheeting 1/8" and then create an outside strake with auto body putty. Just checked the drawings - this isn't shown. I think it is shown of the WOF 28/30 drawings.

We were running another fellow's WOF 34 against the gun and he was doing 48/49 with K&B 7.5 Pro.

JD

thanks for clearing up the info on the bottom sheeting. the subliminal instructions brought me up to this point. :) i am waiting for graphics for my other boat so the wof 34 is going to be a reality sooner that expected.

chris

Chris the idea is to keep a sharp edge. By hanging it over, you can sand it perfect. The inside edge of your sponson should be sharp too. The spray rail you will want to keep sharp also. This helps the water break loose form the boat. Otherwise you get the Bernoulli principle. This will suck the boat down into the water and make it do stupid things. FYI

Mike

PS Hi Uncle Jerry. How things?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jerry, A friend of mine built us each a WOF30, and that area for the strake, We Both wished he had built the boat without it and just added it in later with a "tri-angle" stock. He got so frustrated with his He sanded them off, and I'm still working mine with "lite body filler" to get things uniform. It could be just a matter of what my Mom usta say, "well, there's boat builders and then there's boat builder's" :lol: :lol: ( Well, Not quite like that) :p

Chris,

I would take full advantage of leaving the bottoms overhang the non trips. I have found that im able to finish the edge before the bottom is glued on this way. You can adjust the amount of overhang by gluing on scrap pieces of wood on the bottom near the keelson before you glue. This also keeps the sheet from creeping when you draw the tape down. (do you understand?) if not down load the Nemesis PDF building manual off the Nemesis page of my website to learn more.

I would leave an amount of bottom sheeting off the back of the sponson too. How much is not important however not to much that during a blow off you catch the edge and rip the sheeting off.

ROCK ON

Grim

P.S... no need for any heavy bondo or filler of any kind..

Jerry Dunlap said:
Hey Mike Z, you got something against heavy body putty??!!
JD

95424[/snapback]

Lets see, I run 3 times a week and eat the best i can... The idea of heavy body putty is not my idea of a good thing... hehehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

grim

chriscarbon said:
i am sheeting the bottom of the sponsons. this is the last sheet that is needed to complete the sponsons. should i leave a 1/8 edge on the rear similar to the dunlap 30 & villain. also i can have a shear edge like the villain s1 has or is this going to cause cornering problems with a heavier 7.5 boat. jd i know about the eyeradar speed of your 34 but have you used radar on your 34. :lol: thanks

chris

95335[/snapback]

HEY CRISS , DO YOU HAVE ANY 1/2 BY 1/2 OR 5/8 BY 5/8 ALUM ANGLE ?? I NEED 25 FT OF IT .

grim,

one of this winters projects was a villan s1. the villan listed glueing a wood spacer on the bottom sheeting to adjust for overhang is it the same on the Nemesis? the villan i have is going to have os power. i was looking at the new sx but wanted to see how they were working first. are you going to use sx power this year? thanks chris

:)

jim

i have 1/16 thick 1/2*1/2 *6 ft but only have 12ft

i also have 1/8 thick 3/4*3/4*6ft and have 30ft

i can have more of what is listed in a couple of days if that will help out

chris

chriscarbon said:
grim,one of this winters projects was a villan s1. the villan listed glueing a wood spacer on the bottom sheeting to adjust for overhang is it the same on the Nemesis? the villan i have is going to have os power. i was looking at the new sx but wanted to see how they were working first. are you going to use sx power this year? thanks chris

:)

jim

i have 1/16 thick 1/2*1/2 *6 ft but only have 12ft

i also have 1/8 thick 3/4*3/4*6ft and have 30ft 

i can have more of what is listed in a couple of days if that will help out

chris

95458[/snapback]

CRISS . THATS SUPER . I WILL TAKE THE 1/2/ 1/2 / 1/16 th YOU CAN GIVE ME A CALL , I WILL NEED ABOUT30 FT , YOU MAY HAVE THEM DROP SHIO TO ME IF YOU LIKE. YOU GOING TO ATLANTA , ?? I DO HAVE AN EMPTY SEAT IF YOU WANT TO :rolleyes:

chriscarbon said:
grim,one of this winters projects was a villan s1. the villan listed glueing a wood spacer on the bottom sheeting to adjust for overhang is it the same on the Nemesis? the villan i have is going to have os power. i was looking at the new sx but wanted to see how they were working first. are you going to use sx power this year? thanks chris

95458[/snapback]

Chris

Hope you are well..

The setup for attaching the bottoms is the same for both boats. The Villain will love your OS motor..

Im not sure what motor i will be running this year. My boat is SS powerd now but that motor is going to Gabe.. I will likely run my water cooled motors this year.

Grim

Jerry Dunlap said:
Rigging a TS2 for Dave Solway to run this weekend. 
95413[/snapback]

Whats this? Dave needs you to build him a tunnel? He has 2 Lynx and all his old stuff. What is the deal?

Mike

re: What's this?

Well, I guess I made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Ran the boat today. Works well. It's race ready and Dave hasn't had an opportunity to get to his other boats.

JD

grim,

i was posting at work and tried to make a intelligable :lol: response in two minutes. after work i checked (on my time ) i checked out your web and Nemesis instructions. (cleared things up) thanks to everyone for your response.

chris

Jerry Dunlap said:
Hey Mike,
I'm doing fine.  Rigging a TS2 for Dave Solway to run this weekend.  Hope you can make it down.

JD

95413[/snapback]

HEY JERRY . BE SHURE TO CHK YOU MAIL BOX ON MONDAY . THATS THE ONE OUT FRONT OF THE HOUSE , LIKE USPS ???? B) ;) :unsure: :eek: :lol: :p :)

Back