Dumas Wood Boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclecrash

Hi I just joined intl. waters and figured I would share my first build. I have been building planes for about twenty years. Its a Dumas Wood Kit with the knowledge of LHS owner and a Motor I bought used from him. Its a modified OPS .67 The Hull is 38in. What do you guys think for my first go at a boat.

Hi I just joined intl. waters and figured I would share my first build. I have been building planes for about twenty years. Its a Dumas Wood Kit with the knowledge of LHS owner and a Motor I bought used from him. Its a modified OPS .67 The Hull is 38in. What do you guys think for my first go at a boat.

This is kind of weird how this works to post pics.

Boy I sure messed that first post up files all over the page I didn't think I quoted my self but it says I did. I will get it figured out. :blink: :lol: :unsure: Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
heres a pic of the motor I had it loaded but I screwed up and deleted it seems that this is backwards to the other forums I will see if I can change it.

Thanks Oldlugs. Ya Ive ran her a couple of times shes a beast. I think I need to get a better starter I have an old airplane starter and I tried the 12 volt battery that I use on my planes and it wont turn it over so I have to lug a big trolling motor marine battery to get it to turn over . I think I need a high tork starter and maybe it would start with the airplane battery. Dave

Crash,

No need for a BIGGER batter, but yet another one. Just get ahold of a second 12V battery and run the starter on 24V. For short bursts, your starter will handle it just fine and it will have plenty enough grunt to turn just about anything over.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Crash,

No need for a BIGGER batter, but yet another one. Just get ahold of a second 12V battery and run the starter on 24V. For short bursts, your starter will handle it just fine and it will have plenty enough grunt to turn just about anything over.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
Thanks Brad never thought of that . Unstead of lugging the big marine bat. just double up two of the drycell 12volts I start my planes with. To get 24v I will have to run them in series correct. Thanks Dave

Back