Dumas Mach?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

hey guys,

i've been thinking ahead [or dreaming, whatever] about my next boat, and it's probably gonna be a .21 mono. i looked at dumas's website, in the "specially-priced models" section, and they had a pre-formed fiberglass shallow-vee called the Mach. it's 40 bucks less than the Speedmaster, and that's 40$ that im keen on saving. i've had several experienced racers tell me to forget it, but i just cant give it up. i know the speedmaster is good, but has anyone ever seen or heard of or ran a dumas Mach .21? any info would be appreciated.

thanks,

joe

Want a good mono that is suitable for entry level and can evolve with your skills; get yourself an AC models Wave Slave. They are about 120 dollars. Andy has some good engines for reasonable prices, too. If you don't know what they are, check out PHOTO JOURNAL pg.3 There is a pic of mine.

Hammer

That's the canadian price, I think. The company is in Kelowna, Canada, so the prices are in CAD.

Hammer

Yikes! I just saw the prices. The inboard is 160 U.S.

You don't need the hatch though.

I haven't bought one in a few years. The price has really gone up.

Hammer

aww, shucks. i saw ur first post about them being canadian, but alas, it is not so!! :p hammer, whadya think of the Speedmaster .21? i've heard that it's a great bargain from a bunch of people.....still 150$ on the hull alone isn't gonna give me alot to play with when it comes to the rest.

joe

If you want to look at an AC boat, go to Brian Watts' site at www.rocketcityracing.com. He is the US distributor of AC boats.

Joe,

If you are on a tight budget you can build a nice 21 mono called the wild thing it, I build one and they are very easy to biuld, the building process makes them come out straight. It is a very competitive boat.

The one I built was electric. I didn't buy the plans, made my own hardware and used left over wood from other projects. I think I was in it $20.00. You should be able to do it for under $100 buying all the supplies and hardware.

-MikeP

mike, your talking about the Wild Thing made by John Finch, right? i've heard it's a great boat, and john finch said it would great for a first racing mono........the only thing is, the boat im working on now was from plans, and i wanted to try something new and easier like buying a pre-formed fiberglass hull. thanks for the info, though.....i might end up doing that boat anyway, since i've heard only good stuff about it, and john lives nearby.

i just looked @ bby's nitro stuff [i fergot they had it, thought elec. was their only thing] and the've got two great-looking .21 monos, the patriot and something else like it [lower deck, same boat, forgot the name] 135$ for a complete hull kit........

Latest posts

Back