Dumas HotShot 7.5 Wood

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Benjamin

I had a customer ask about converting a Dumas Hotshot Sprint 7.5 to FE. Is it worth it or should he just sell it and take a different route? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tell him to get a new hull the old dumas is probley fuel an oil soaked with a weak or cracked transom.IMHO :eek: :eek:

Travis,

Good to see your working with people in your area promoting boats. For new people FE outboard conversions are pretty much bolt on. The toughest part is the radio/esc box. It would help to know what these guys are building power wise? 4S-6S, spec or larger motors. There are a lot of good hulls out there that adapt very well. The better it worked as a nitro the probability it will be a better FE. A $50-75 bargain hull doesn't save enough in the total package to wind up with something that will need constant retrieval. Lots of guys here willing to help so keep doing what your doing.

Mic

Mic,

you've been a great help on my recent builds. Our group is growing fast. We get new interest every week we run. The pond we run at is the main reason. Its a local park that people walk laps around the lake and they love having something to watch while they walk. I'm really trying to promote FE OPC and sport hydro P limited class. I have a few builds that I'm finishing up that are so called 'SAW' boats. Most of the guys just like to go fast by craming the biggest motors in the smallest boats. But they don't realize a 4s setup on 6s is not a saw boat. Personally I'm getting tired of those kind of builds. It really seems to scare newcomers away when they find out the cost of a build. The p-limited is much more feasible financially, but it's still not cheap. Today I plan to maiden a VS1 FE conversion I just finished up.

As for the hotshot 7.5 conversion. I think the route we'll go is parting it out and try to raise some money for a P limited sport hydro. If we do decide to setup the hotshot it'll prolly be 6S with a leo motor and SK180

Mic,

Here's the VS1. I still haven't got it wet yet. I think this one'll be my race boat.

DSC03230.jpg

DSC03231.jpg

DSC03232.jpg

DSC03233.jpg

Latest posts

Back