Dumas Eagle sport 40 setup questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Hydro

I have the boat sitting on my setup board and was wondering how deep the strut should be. Should the bottom of the boat be level with the setup board? Also, what angle should the bottom of the strut be? Should it also be level? I appreciate any help you guys can give me. Dusting her off after a 7 year layoff.

one thing I remember about those hulls was that the front recovery sponsons had to be almost removed . as they are stock , they catch too much water and slow the boat way up. may have to add 1/8 inch sponsons ride pad to the front sponsons also ,try it stock and see how it works, . easiest way to quickly try if it don't launch easy is to use some 1/8 by 1/8 sticks, super glue them fast, make a 3 sided frame and fill with bondo and sand to shape. this is a quick , easy way to try it and easy to remove if it don't work or help. this is to help get the nose up and ease the launch. as far as the strut. start with the depth of the sponsons and center the strut about that depth and work from there.to get the ride attitude to work . I would think about an x 445 to x450 prop would be about a good starter prop. I am no expert on this, just some general knowledge . hope it helps.

Back