• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Drag-n-fly 60

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wswatzell

not that I want to, but up for sale is a dumas Drag-N-fly 60. This boat would not be leagel to run the the 1/8 scale, and would be out-classed in the 60 rigger class, so it is just a fun boat to play with. I installed a flex shaft, Speed Master engine mount, and a Marine-Speclities rudder assembly. In the pictures, you will see that part of the engine mount is outside of the engine bay, I did this for extra support without cutting open the deck as the engine bay is only 3" wide. I am asking $400 or best plus shipping I have had this on Radar at 50mph while slowing down comming into shore. So I am guessing at a top speed around 60mph

normal_100_4464~0.JPG

This next picture has the orginal custom engine mount in it.

normal_my-boat3.JPG

This picture was taken before I ran it the first time

normal_my-boat0.JPG

wadesredhydro.jpg

Well, since there is 0 interest in the boat, (or I am way off of what it might be worth as a whole which is very possible) What would someone give me for the engine and pipe?

I was just wondering why it wouldn't fit into the 1/8th scale class.
because the rules state it has to be a scale model of an actual existing boat, past or present, and this one isn't. I suppose with a lot of research and modifications to the topside, it might be made into a scale, but as is, it doesn't qualify.

I have a few photos of the real hull that it was copied from. I'll try and post some.

hilton_hydrostatic_2.jpg

hilton_hyperlube_6.jpg

The boat uses a Ford Pinto engine and is shown running a cowl most of the time.

I guess a 60 size Drag N Fly would be larger than 1/8th scale?

Anyways all off topic of your trying to sell your boat. I think what you have there for an engine and running gear is a good setup. If you are staying in the 60 class I would hang on to it and just get a different hull? I have seen just the bare Drag N Fly hulls sell on eBay. Not for much, but do sell. It just that it has a high shipping costs. Most people are unaware that Greyhound Bus Servis has good rates on shipping large packages so you could save money or help with the price.

You mentioned not wanting to sell it and sounded like the only reason holding you back from running was it didnt fit the rules. If what I shown in those pics help get you in the class I have more reference for that hull.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really apperciat the info on the full size, i really had no idea it was modeled after one. :eek:

This isn't about racing though, this is about needing money, so need to sell thing I don't need. :( even though I would like to keep.

wswatzell,

If you don't get any offers here for your boat, you'll probably have to consider using eBay. You might even get more for it if you just sold the engine, pipe, ect seperate. The shipping cost on the hull is more than most will value the hull for, or very close to equal. The call is yours I guess, and only my single opinion. Too bad you don't keep it for better times, I'm sure you would like running something like that. I never knew the Dumas kit was actually a copy of a full scale hull either, as it looks a bit unusual to start with, and the box describes it like the design was inspired soley for RC racing. There wasn't very many Karelsen hydros like this one.

Tom,

I had sent an eMail just to check to see if it came back ok from you before sending pics but I havent seen any response. I'm wondering if you went to the website above. That would be the place I got all the pics and info at I was going to send. What is the model Wade that your mentioning? Is that another hull like this one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back