DPI Leisure Sports

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneD

Are those tunnelhulls running good in water ?

I thinking of an 1/4 scale whith K&B 13cc. Anyone who have heard anything ??

The boats will handle some pretty rough water,but need weight in the nose to keep on the water. I still have one of these boats,brand new.

Rod, DPI is OOB but Pete Richards at Climate bought the molds. All of them or part I don't know. He was supposed to start making them out of 'glas instead of plastic.

Ron,

good to know. Me, I was a huge DPI plastic fan. Their 3.5 & 7.5 tunnels were a blast! I always tell people if you can find them in decent shape or new snatch them up.

I'm curious to see how the glass hulls will run.

I accually got a DPI 1/4 scale to go perdy good with a mod K&B 11cc. Had to put "rocker" in the rear of the sponsons though,,

cut out a "V" section on the inside of the "vertical" side of the sponsons , about 3/8ths of an inch at the corner to zero, 12 in.

forward and to zero most of the way across the back of the sponson. When I ordered the boat from DPI, I asked for a couple

6 in. wide by 48 in. strips of plastic the they make the boat out of. I bonded the sponsons back together with this plastic using

acetone via syringe,(go figure). And also made a "set" of "anti-dive pads" or "stumbling Blocks" to go up front between the

sponsons where they normaly go,,,And Go It Did,, and would corner just the way you would want it to. Had several Dist. 8 guy's

say it was the fastest 1/4 scale they have ever seen,,an estimated over 50 MPH and that was unheard of 7 yrs ago with this class

of boat. They were fun,, but they just did'nt last,,,Big Blow Overs did'nt do em any good.

I had 3 of them in two years. Jerry

Jerry,

I to had a DPI 1/4 scale with the Rolla design and paint scheme. Had a 1.0 cubic engine and a pipe. Took a lot of mods to keep it from acting like a kite. The vibration was to harsh on the rear transom though. If I drove it about 50 mph it was a cool looking boat but if I hit the throttle forget about it, up and over, That's why the new Bandit's are so well designed they're like driving a 7.5 tunnel.

Back