DPI is back!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

Just to let you know, they are back and running under new ownership. After the original DPI was sold to Pandan in the UK, someone has brought them back to Washington state close to where they first were.

Yes, they do have the outboard covers in stock!

http://www.dpihobbyusa.com/

Always good to have a variety of tunnels,not sure how well they can compete these days.

I had two of the 3.5's and loved them but yes, I don't know how they'd fare against today's OB tunnels but I think that they could still hold their own. I also had the 7.5 version, one of the first six out of the mold and it had issues which I think was resolved.

Others that I had mostly for my son to run was a Shiada River Racer, their Crackerbox and at the time they also made the Nitro Fury for ProBoat which I also had.

I don't know how their 1/4-scale will do as they are now going to lay that up in 'glas as some are looking for another boat to hang a gas OB on.

I had two of the 3.5's and loved them but yes, I don't know how they'd fare against today's OB tunnels but I think that they could still hold their own. I also had the 7.5 version, one of the first six out of the mold and it had issues which I think was resolved.

Others that I had mostly for my son to run was a Shiada River Racer, their Crackerbox and at the time they also made the Nitro Fury for ProBoat which I also had.

I don't know how their 1/4-scale will do as they are now going to lay that up in 'glas as some are looking for another boat to hang a gas OB on.
Having been somewhat involved with the DPI 1/4 Scale Tunnel(as well as other DPI designs), I'd recommend looking somewhere else "for another boat to hang a gas OB on."

The boat traps way too much air.

JD

His problem may be selling any of the boats over the .21 as they are unfortunately a dying breed. I bought mine from Gary Preusse when he sold them. Mine would turn on a dime at WOT and not flip. Some of them had a problem with the plastic cracking around the transom. My wife hit a retrieve boat with hers trying to avoid a bad driver but it was easily repaired using mostly a blow dryer to straighten out the front of the sponsons as they got bent upwards. That was the same boat that my son raced in his first race and got a 3rd place with it out of 13 entries.

Hmmmm. I like those outboard cowls. I see some little K&B's covered with those. How will they fit an OS?

I saw some pricing,DPI may not survive with a $135.00 lower. For that kind of coin you can have the best" OS lower "

Jerry is correct about the ari for the 1/4 scale hull I had one with a 1 " K&B hung off the back and any kind of wind at all it would become a kite. Cool looking hull.

That REK lower is pricey. If I'm right, that's the same one Jim Irwin was working on and there was a big to-do over that. It was going to be the one used on his stock production outboard that he was working on before his health went downhill.

Ron, I had a proto type of that stock production outboard Jim was working on. I used to talk to Jim a few times a week here a few years back. Sure do miss that! He had so much information to share with ears that were willing to do more listening, then talking...

We used to do late-night chats on AIM. When his eyesight started going I'd type in large bold type to make it easier for him to see.

Back